12.27.2011

11 in 2011 and Resolutions





I have seen so many of my favorite teacher bloggers participating in this linky and just knew that I had to play along too. Yeah to a review of 2011!!!

11. Favorite Movie You Watched:
It was hands down The Help. I had read the book before seeing it, and I was so glad it followed the book so closely. I cried like a baby when I saw it in the theater with my mom, and I cried again like a baby when we watched it on Christmas Eve Eve. If you haven't seen it yet, you are so missing out!

10. Favorite TV Series:
Don't judge. :) I just love the drama. I think it is sad that there is a series about Teen Moms, but I really hope and pray that it is giving those who are thinking about those same choices and opportunity to rethink them and make the right one.

9. Favorite Restaurant:
I just love Chick-fila-a. I just wish that I did not have to travel 50 minutes to get it. You can bet when I am in San Antonio or Austin that I always stop here unless it is Sunday. 

8. Favorite New Thing You Tried:
Can Pinterest be my answer? I tried it this year for the first time and absolutely fell in love with it. You should check out my boards because I have some great literacy things pinned.

7. Favorite Gift You Got:
This one is tough. I would have to go with my JJ Hart purse I got as a graduation gift from my sister. It is red and personalized. A girl cannot go wrong with something personalized!!!

6. Favorite Thing You Pinned:
I love them all or why would I pin them? :) No, seriously, go check out my boards. I love them all! My favorite board though would have to be my Anchor Charts board

5. Favorite Blog Post:
The one where I shared my first pictures of my classroom. You all have no idea how excited I was to get to set up my own classroom. This is something that I have been dreaming about for so long!  

4. Best Accomplishment:
Easy. Graduating with my undergraduate degree with a 3.89 GPA and getting my first teaching job before I even graduated school!
Yes, I had been crying. I was just so excited to be finished and even more excited because I am the first one in my immediate family on my mom's side to graduate with a 4 year degree. :)

3. Favorite Picture:
This was from the last day of camp this summer. We had a mini photo shoot and I just smile every time I see this one. I love my camp family and cannot wait to go back this summer as the Program Assistant again. 

2. Favorite Memory:
This one is tough. I think it would have to be the 1st Day of school as an official teacher. I had dreamed about it for so long, and it was everything that I hoped for and more. I am so blessed to get to do a job every day that I absolutely love!

1. Goal for 2012:
See below in my resolutions that I shared with another linky.  :)


I am also linking up with Mrs. Zrihen to share my resolutions for 2012.


Personally, I would like to...
1. Lose at least 25 pounds. I have been heavier for most of my life and have a really hard time getting the weight off. I am having a physical in January to do bloodwork and such because they are thinking that I might have PCOS which would explain the weight to some extent. I also need to do a better job of drinking more water. :)
2. Make finding my HTB a little more realistic. I know that I am only 23, but I would love to meet my HTB sooner rather than later. I actually have been writing letters to my HTB (Husband to Be) for quite some time now on my personal blog. If you are interested, you can find them here.

Professionally, I would like to...
1. Do a better job of differentiating instruction in my classroom. My kids are so diverse, and I feel like I am not meeting some of their needs to the best of my abilities. I hope that this will change as I implement the Daily 5 and CAFE this spring. You can bet I will be doing some serious blogging about it too!
2. To organize and stay organized. My classroom has come a long way since I first walked into it back in March, but it will always be an organization work in progress. I need to train myself to spend 15 minutes a day clearing things and putting them where they belong before I leave for the day. I know it will make my classroom feel so much better.

13 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you!!! I feel like I've watched you grow and become a teacher and love reading all about your journey! I tell you this all the time, but thank you for sharing it!!!

    Hadar
    Miss Kindergarten
    My Fabulous Finds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on graduating with a great GPA and for getting a job! BTW...I could have put Chick-fil-A as my favorite restaurant too....love it!! I also have to drive 45 minutes to get it :(
    I am now a follower.
    Ms. McBee’s Kinderbugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Chick-fil-a, too! (and Teen Mom...but shhh! lol)
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teen Mom is one of my favorite shows! I absolutely love it. And, go for the TB shoes--they are magical. You will feel so confident, you'll knock your HTB off his feet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3.89?!?!?!!?! Where were you when I was doing my undergrad?!?! Geez :) its an amazing accomplishment! An you're a GREAT teacher!
    I have to lose 40lb!!! I;m the heaviest I've ever been. I developed stress induced hypothyroidism my first year teaching and went from 125 to neary 170!!!!! I hate it! I HAVE to loose it all!

    I didn't know you had a personal blog! I love it! I'm your newest follower! I just created it (this week literally) and have lots of work to do on it! http://thezrihens.blogspot.com/

    Your HTB is just around the corner trust that he will find you!
    I have a little funny story to tell you about that one privatly :)

    Thanks for linking up!!!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up!!!
    I Love Teen Mom and just caught up on the last two episodes. I cried like a baby for Leah and her baby. :( And I just want Jenelle to GET A CLUE!!!
    Congratulations on your degree and your own classroom. Woo hoo!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so sweet and I think you are already and AWESOME teacher in year one. What I love about all your posts, is that your passion for this job really comes through. I can't imagine how much it must reign through in person. :)

    Lindsay
    My Life as a Fifth Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you figure out how to meet your HTB will you pass the secret onto me? I'd really like to meet mine before 30 and that's only about 2 years away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teen Mom?? Yes, please! So far today I have caught up on Teen Mom 2 and blogs. I also need to lose some weight & maybe should be getting up off my butt during this vacation but watching the drama unfold on TM2 sounded SO much better! I need to get some Chick-fil-a, too! I don't think I have one where I live but it's all I read about in blogland. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE your blog. Your students are blessed to have such a passionate gifted teacher!! I love the notebooks and using picture books as mentor texts for the older kids! As for resolutions...I'm starting a book called Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst - love her - You ought to check it out : )
    http://lysaterkeurst.com/category/made-to-crave/

    Can't wait to read your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I absolutely love your blog and I am finally commenting!! I loved The Help too...and maybe I'm addicted to Teen Mom haha! Thanks for posting some many great things on your blog! It's one of my favorites :)

    Kate
    http://tothesquareinch.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!