At least that is what I feel like it is right now. My room.
One of the secretaries called me this morning and she told me that my new locking cabinet and bookcase are in. Of course I decided that immediately I wanted to clean off the shelves so I would be ready for it when the maintenance department brings it to me all put together. I should have known it was not going to happen today, but at least I am ready for it now. The big wooden bookcase is gone, and I am going to put my locking cabinet there.
While I was on my cleaning spree, I also decided that I wanted to clean out my desk. I am pretty certain that I want to get rid of it because I just collect junk on it. Do you have a teacher desk? I will still have a small computer desk which has some storage. I am also getting a kidney table that I plan on using for meeting with small groups and I am going to put some storage drawers behind it to hold things that I will need. I of course will be sharing some new pictures of the room when I get it all situated.



Funny how one project leads to another and another - If you Give a Mouse a Cookie....
ReplyDeleteI haven't had a desk in years - and I LOVE it. I do have a table with my computer on it which is sort of like a desk - no drawers or anything. I put a rolly cart with three draws that slides under my "desk" for desk-like items, extra tape, note cards, thank you cards, etc.
I also have a kidney-shaped table - next to it I have those plastic storage carts on wheels that has - hmm, maybe 6 drawers? It's pretty tall. I keep all my guided reading materials there.
You won't miss your desk!
Holly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade
I do have a desk, but like you said, it mostly collects junk!
ReplyDeleteI do have a desk/table and I won't give it up (click here to see). I am never really sitting there with kiddos in the classroom but I do like having my own little spot to grade papers and whatnot. It conveniently holds my laptop and teaching materials during the day also since it is right next to my ELMO/tech stand.
ReplyDeleteIt feels so good to clean and organize though!!
ReplyDeleteI love a good cleaning spree! You get rid of so much junk!
ReplyDeleteI have a teacher's desk and I love it! I use it as my workspace with my lap top on it. I got rid of my desk 4 years ago and later on brought it back. I never pile non-sense on it. Just like the kids have a space I need one too. Enjoy your new cabinets!!!!
Happy Holidays!
❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
A Teacher's Treasure
I still don't see pictures on you TN shop!!! Did you figure it out??
ReplyDeleteHi Katie!
ReplyDeleteI haven't had a desk for years. I do have a kidney table that I use for groups, and I love it. And when kids aren't there, I use that as a workspace. It causes me to keep things put away--but I usually have stuff tucked away on the (less-than-attractive) rolly cart.
I love the chance to clean out drawers and cupboards. It's so cathartic--especially when you can throw away stuff you haven't used or needed.
Good luck with your project. Happy Holidays!
Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade
Hi!
ReplyDeleteI am your newest follower! I am also teaching 6th grade ELA (and Science) for the first time this year in New York! I had to smile when I saw your Author's Purpose PIE collages...I am taking pictures of my kiddo's similar project this week! Great minds think alike! Anyway, I love all of your ideas. Best of luck as we journey through this first year!