This is a previous post, but today I am linking up with Blog Hoppin' for Where It Goes Down Wednesday! This is day 3 of the teacher week that they are hosting.
This is my first year teaching and I am teaching 6th grade Language Arts. We are a part of a middle school campus. Welcome to my room!
the view from the doorway
this is where I will post schedules and that sort of thing
students will find their homework posted here and also some parts of speech signs that I made
my organized classroom library :)
view from the library
view from the back of the room
the wooden storage unit is being removed and I am anxiously awaiting for that interactive board to be up in my room
this is where students will pick up papers when they get to class as well as find graded papers, extra copies, and work when they are absent
each student will be assigned a number and my teacher aide will put their graded papers in their folder for them to pick up
my desk area
view from the window
my reading strategy signs compliments of the Teacher's Clubhouse
I love this thing! I am storing picture books that I will use to teach concepts here and also teacher editions of books. Students will turn in their work on top in their correct tub.
my electronic hole punch and a pencil station (I did not realize how bad the top of the filing cabinet looked though)
We just had these installed. We will have voicemail!!!
view from my desk
Luckily the Interactive Board has since been mounted to the wall!
Hope you enjoyed the tour of room 117!





















Looks awesome! I love the movie theme. :)
ReplyDeleteBuy some fabric with stars on them to cover that filing cabinet and you'll be set ;)
ReplyDeleteOh I love your theme and I love Parts of Speech signs!! If you don't mind my asking, what font did you use on your Were You Absent box? It looks so familiar and I can't place it!
ReplyDeleteYour students will love this room!
Kristen :)
Looks great!! :)
ReplyDeleteIt looks great!!
ReplyDeleteLooks so cute! I am so jealous that you have everything organized. I'm hopefully taking pictures of my room soon!
ReplyDeleteWow! Your classroom looks great! I'm going to make a similar absent bin like yours--great idea!
ReplyDeleteI need a, "Where you absent?" crate in my room! Great idea!
ReplyDeleteI just discovered your blog! Your classroom looks wonderful - I love the idea of a basket for "Were You Absent?" Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletehow in the world do you get a "teacher aide" your first year??
ReplyDeleteYour classroom is huge! GREAT suggestions!
ReplyDeleteSuch good material on here. I love when classrooms have a theme, or at least some sort of creativity. I absolutely HAVE to steal your "Were You Absent?" crate/box idea. I cannot wait to start teaching this fall!
ReplyDeleteI love your "Were You Absent?" file crate! I'm definitely borrowing that idea and tweaking it just a bit to work for me.
ReplyDeleteLori
http://lifeinroom24.blogspot.com/
I really like your fan mail sign and would go with my theme for this year. Where can I get that or how do I make it?
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this post! I am a high school teacher, but my classroom is so tiny, I have to get creative with space. I love your idea of putting corrected papers in the individual file bins and the students can get their own papers...with my tiny room it takes up so much class time to waeve in and out of the desks...this takes all the pressure off of me to get their work handed back! :)I also love the pen flowers...I just bought a cute flower box and was going to put real flowers in it, but making these flower pens will look so cute and maybe my pens won't disappear so fast!!! (hard to walk out of the classroom with a giant flower pen!)
ReplyDelete