12.13.2011

Reorganized

I was so excited this morning when one of the math teachers came into our workroom where I was making copies and told me that my new cabinet and bookshelf were being unloaded in my room. This girl was so excited, but then I quickly realized that I was not quite ready for it either. I had put some things back on the shelves because I had class yesterday, so I frantically began cleaning the shelves off again in less than 5 minutes. I wish I had through to take a picture of the craziness that was in my classroom when the maintenance guys were still in my room, the desks were everywhere, and my new things were in the middle of the room.

I am so happy with how things turned out though. I am so glad I got rid of my desk! I am amazed at how much more room I have. I am so glad to finally have some locking storage too!
I am in love with it! Luckily, the teacher that is with me during my Inclusion class (1st and 2nd period) is very handy and she helped me get all of the shelves in. She then decided to put my books in there in alphabetical order.
I love how much room I have in it. I have spent quite a bit of money on getting books for book clubs that my students are interested in and it is nice to know they are safely locked away.

I am also a binder fanatic and have them all labeled. I love me some organization!!!
I am loving my new bookshelf too! This is where my desk used to be too!
On the bookshelf I have my teacher editions and then all of my resource books are on the bottom shelf.
You've got to love the clear plastic drawers as well. This has the contents of what was in my desk. I am having such an easier time finding things too.
The view of my new corner from the front of the classroom. I am going to be putting a kidney table there to meet with small groups so I won't have the big space for too long.
My little corner. 
Tomorrow is also our field trip to a women's basketball game at the University of Texas. I just hope my kids are on their best behavior. I will be sharing some pictures from the day too! 

P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway! I have extended it through Sunday, so go enter now!!!You can find it here.

3 comments:

  1. I am jealous of your field trips..... Your room looks good too.

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Katie!

    This looks great. I am darn envious of that organized cabinet!!! Your hard work really paid off!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl!!! It looks awesome!!! Doesn't it feel so great to be so organized?!?!?! ENjoy it!

    Happy Holidays!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!