I am excited to be participating in the Clutter-Free Classroom's linky party.
Today is when we share the before pictures of our clutter so we can help hold each other accountable in our own classrooms. I did some serious decluttering already in my classroom before the students came back on Wednesday, but I know it is never a finished project. I shared some pictures the other day about the changes I made in my room already. You can find the current pictures of what my classroom looks like here.
I also blogged about the new locking storage cabinet that I got right before the break. This is my only locking storage that I have in my entire classroom. :(
I was in a pretty big rush to get these things in there. I am not happy with my literature circle book organization in there, but I am not really sure how to make it better. I have also now put our Literature and Grammar books on that bottom shelf. I will take a better picture on Monday and add it to this post. The cabinet is not horrible, but it could be way better!
The other area of focus in my classroom is going to be my classroom library.
I love my baskets, but am not in love with the labels. I am also in the process of getting another bookshelf to replace the large table that I have as you walk into my classroom. I just think that the shelves are too crowded at the very top and out of student reach. It has potential.
Here is to creating a clutter-free classroom!




I love the black shelves, they make everything pop. Your room looks great.
ReplyDeleteMs. M
Ms.M's Blog
A Teacher's Plan
Thanks for linking up! I love the look of your blog header and also the colors in your classroom. Enjoy the weekend! ❤Jodi from...
ReplyDelete★★The Clutter-Free Classroom★★
Helping Teachers Get Organized
Katie, what's there to declutter?!?!?! haha it's all so organized!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your new cabinets!
❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
A Teacher's Treasure
I desperately need to declutter my room! I only wish mine looked as good as yours :)
ReplyDeleteKate
To the Square Inch
Oh please, please, please come into my classroom and do this!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for entering my giveaway! :)
Holly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade
Hey Katie! I just love looking at your room! I need to work on my classroom library too...it's like the never-ending project :/
ReplyDeleteKristen
Your organization is to be commended and Replicated! You inspire me to reorganize my office this year. I appreciate the ideas!
ReplyDeleteAs for th books, you could consider stackable bins. You could get the ones that are wid enough to fit Manila folders and keep copies of your reproducibles with each book. Just a thought!!
Michelle@ Life with Mrs. Ecky
Please ignore my bad typos! That'll teach me to post from my iPad!!
ReplyDeleteYou look really organized. Maybe you could be Jodi's co-captain in all of this!
ReplyDeleteA Teeny Tiny Teacher
If only my cabinet with my literature circle books looked 1/2 as good....
ReplyDeleteOn another note:
I awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award. Head on over to my blog to collect :)
Elizabeth
Fun in Room 4B
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYour room looks wonderful. I'll be stopping by to check out your blog more often. Thank you! Now, if only I can get half as organized as you, I will have it made.
ReplyDeleteJJ
http://guide2math.blogspot.com/
Your room does look nice! I sympathize about your library. I have labels but I don't like how they look either. I'm looking forward to seeing your room when we are all finished! :)
ReplyDeleteMarvelous Multiagers!
Good luck! Love the basket colors!
ReplyDeleteAdventures of a Third Grade Teacher
Okay, I'm not seeing much clutter! Your room looks great!! I wish mine looked this nice :) Can't wait to see what's next in store in the project!
ReplyDeleteBonnie
Living A Wonderful Life
You Inspire Me! I thought I was kind of organized but your good!
ReplyDeleteDawn
http://literacymathideas.blogspot.com/
I organized my library a couple years back when I had a student teacher and I want to get it back to that organized condition! Yours looks like it's in pretty good shape. With just a little work it will be great! I'm excited to see more upper grade teachers around the blog-o-sphere. Here's to 6th grade!
ReplyDeleteDes
http://whatiwanttobe31.blogspot.com/