After I took my 4th-8th grade Reading and Language Arts TExES test this afternoon, I took a little trip over to the Apple Store at the mall. I had been eying the iPad for quite sometime now. I decided to just go ahead and buy myself one, and I am so glad that I did! Our librarian is actually working on getting several purchased for us to use in our classrooms and I cannot wait to integrate them in my own classroom. For now, we will just have to play with mine. :)
I did come across a really great app today though for calling on students. It is called Stick Pick. It allows you to create sticks for each of your students and you can then sort them by class. I think it was $2.99, but so worth it. If you have Apple technology accessible to you at school through an iPad, iTouch, or iPhone, you will want it, I promise!
Speaking of apps, what are your favorite education apps or games that your students love? I am really hoping to find mostly free ones, but am willing to pay a little bit for really good ones. I cannot wait to hear what you all are using in your own classrooms.



I am Soooooooooo jealous. Our school has 16 Ipads but they are for the use of our special ed teachers and 1 selected class - not mine!! Anyway I don't know if you use pinterest but if you do I have a board on there I started yesterday with iphone/ipad apps. Several other people do too. A good place to start. Also ask your class. The first think I did when I got my iphone was ask my students what apps to get. they are a wealth of knowledge!
ReplyDeleteUmmm I'm jealous. I just have old fashioned sticks with names on them.
ReplyDeleteLindsay
My Life as a Fifth Grade Teacher
Hi Katie!
ReplyDeleteI just came by to link up my "day," but that post is MIA.
Congrats on being an iPad owner! (I'm jealous too!)
Jen Runde has posted about other apps that might work with your kids.
Have a great Saturday and a relaxing three-day away...
Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade
Please keep us up dated on the apps you download for your Ipad in the classroom. I have one but have no internet access.. boo. Still a great tool!Congrats on your purchase.
ReplyDeletelaura
www.laurasopenhouse.blogspot.com