1.27.2012

Exhausted!

I am beyond exhausted after our first full week back this semester! Maybe it was because I started grad school back up last Saturday, or the fact that we had our parent informational meeting for cheerleading on Wednesday, or the fact that I had 12 of my 54 kids absent yesterday. At least I had a sick day today because I had to get blood drawn, go to the dentist, and get a physical. Having the whole day was nice, but I am dreading going up to school on Sunday to see what my room looks like. 

I am really excited for my grad classes this semester. I am taking 12 hours and most people think I am crazy when I say that, but it is the only way my university offers their grad semesters. It really isn't too bad because we only have to go to the university one Saturday a month, and everything else is online. This semester I am taking PPR, Curriculum and Instruction, my research class, and Advanced Content Reading. The texts for all of my classes are really great and I am actually excited about the research class because we will be doing Action Research. Any good ideas for my research? I am currently torn between doing something with collaboration between teachers or the use of small groups in the middle school classroom. I know that both would be a big help to me. 

I am also hosting an online Stella and Dot party right now that you should go and check out! Click here to shop. All you have to do to order from my party is to make sure that you pick my name at checkout, Katie Klohn. It is through the 3rd of February. 

I also came across a new blogger tonight and you should go and share some love over there. The blog is called Fumbling in Fifth Grade and she is about to take over a 5th grade classroom in February. Her story reminds me a lot of my adventure of finishing my student teaching in 6th grade and then taking over for the rest of the year. I cannot wait to hear how her first day goes this coming week! 

Also get excited because I am going to be posting a giveaway sometime this coming week. I am going to be giving away one of my absolute favorite teaching products! Trust me, you won't want to miss it! 

Here is to a productive weekend for all of us!

14 comments:

  1. I hear ya!!! I am/was whooped this week too!! We had tons of changes to our schedule, literacy week, a parade, 2 assemblies...too much and too many interuptions....my kiddos don't deal well with that many changes so it has been a challenging week to say the least...hoping to recharge today. Can't wait to hear about your giveaway:))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I had the same crazy week!!! {which is why I didn't have a moment to blog or blog hop} Yes, you are crazy!!! 12 credits?!?!?!?! I'm taking 6 and want to jump off the roof!!!!
    Looking forward to your giveaway!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen from...
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a chance to relax this weekend Katie! I had a crazy week too. I couldn't even get online to check the blogs, which is when you know it's bad! I was just thinking of you 'cause I am ready to introduce some D5 choices with my kids (I held off because we've been implementing an official Reader's Workshop this year and I'm supposed to follow the program we have) but I think I am ready to add some old components that worked well for my class last year. How's it goin' with yours?
    Kristen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for mentioning me! I am certainly "new" to a lot of things! I am looking forward to sharing ideas with you and the rest of the blogging world! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all have had a crazy week! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can;t believe you are taking 12 credits while teaching :) YOu're my hero! It was a crazy week here in NY too-- lots of kids absent....lots of teachers absent...too few subs! Enjoy your weekend :) Off to check out Fumbling Through 5th Grade!
    ☼Kate
    To The Square Inch

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW. 12 credits... that is nuts. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are cray cray
    but in a good way
    not a padded room way
    we had a lot of littles out too
    there was a bug going around
    I hope you get some rest soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck! I'm a full-time grad student, which is generally 9 hours a semester, but I'm doing the 12 this semester too, and all I have to say is bless your heart. I'm beyond exhausted, so I can imagine how you feel. Here's to a quick, easy, and enjoyable semester and time for sleep and r&r!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh mercy, I can't imagine taking that many hours of grad work. I just started my masters this past week online (1 class at a time that is 5 weeks long) and I have been just a BIT overwhelmed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Katie:
    You've been tagged!
    Please come by Joy in Sixth and check it out!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel ya with being exhausted! I'm waiting for the day that I'll finally feel caught up - probably won't happen until June! :)

    I've tagged you over at my blog, too - I didn't realize you'd already been tagged through your comments! Whoops!

    Happy Monday! :)
    katherine
    Third Grade Teacher Files

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tag! You are it!

    http://twentyfourseventeacher.blogspot.com/2012/01/giving-it-shot-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. oops i tagged you too! :)

    http://red30067.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!