1.16.2012

It is going to be a great week!

Well, that is what I am hoping for! 

Today we had inservice and the kiddos had a holiday. I would have loved to have the whole day to plan, but we had to do some housekeeping in the morning together as a campus. We did not meet AYP last year, so we have all sorts of peeps in our pockets as my wonderful principal likes to refer to them as. We got two new ones today. I think we are up to 4 that will now be coming on a regular basis. Hopefully we will meet AYP and we can get rid of them all. :)

In the afternoon, I was able to get quite a bit planned with one of my teammates. We are beginning to use C-SCOPE even though we are not required to yet because we do not have a real scope and sequence to follow. I know, it is crazy and I am still trying to wrap my mind around it. I think a big reason for this is because the Reading and Writing scores on the state test have never been the problem for my district. One year it is math, the next science, and then social studies. We know that we are going to be using C-SCOPE in the next three years so my thinking is that we might as well get used to it. I personally do not think the LA portion of it is that bad, but maybe it is just me. 

I am so excited by the response that I have had with my linky party. 
I am still in the process of reading all of your posts. If I haven't made it to your blog yet, it will happen I promise. 

I am planning on sharing some new things that we have been doing in our Reading and Writing notebooks lately with you all tomorrow with pictures!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had to go in today :( what a stink!!!

    So proud of you for this awesome linky party! what a great turnout!!!!
    {remember I was the 1st to link up!!! :) hehe}

    Looking forward to read what you have to share this week!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen from...
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. It stinks that you had to work yesterday, but at least you had a TWD...We're trying to make up three lost weeks due to construction, so we see our kids every. blessed. day. :) I love them, though. I'm your newest follower, and I'm looking forward to reading some of your ideas for ELA. My poor science students hear that "Science is math, and social studies, and ELA" all the time. Gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!