1.05.2012

Benchmark Rant

Today we took our district benchmarks. I have been really frustrated with them because the Language Arts ones have been Released TAKS tests which are reflective of what students have learned by testing time. I was dreading looking at the scores for this test and I was right about that. Not a single kid in my inclusion class passed it. Now, it is not modified appropriately for them because the SPED kids should be taking a TAKS-M version. It is just so frustrating. Luckily, my other two classes did much better, but I was still very upset about this. You can bet we will be going over the benchmarks together as a class tomorrow. 

I was so excited to finally get my kidney table on Monday and the kids are loving it too. If only I could find some chairs for it now. I personally like my step stool chair that I have been using. :)

Here are the poster/contracts that we created yesterday that I mentioned in my post. I remembered to snap a picture of them today. :)


Here is hoping that you have a wonderful Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Um I'm kinda mad your district puts a benchmark on the 2nd day back. We have one next week and I think that is too soon too. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have to do 3 benchmark tests in January!!! CRAZY! Did you know that this year even our newcomers to the country have to take the STAAR test. It used to not count for them for the first 3 years, but now it does. SO, my precious baby who moved here from Vietnam has to take a 5th grade reading test even though he barely speaks English. All of this stuff is pretty crazy! It makes me sad for our SPED kids, too! At least we are all in this boat together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE the benchmark tests!!!! Just got the results of the ones we took in Nov. and YUCK!

    Love your new Kidney table! Crate seats would fit it perfectly!!!

    Happy Friday!!!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain! It could be worse--We have our New York State Exam the Tuesday after Spring Break. Yes, you read that right. I almost cried when I found out. Hang in there though! We will ALL get through it! :) Because it's what we do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!