1.01.2012

Most Supportive Bloggers!

As soon as I saw this post on Little Miss Kindergarten today, I know there were two ladies that I wanted to feature.

Being a first year teacher, the blog world has provided me with so much support. Honestly, it has been so much harder than I ever thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my job and cannot imagine doing anything else, but it is tough and sometimes I just want to cry! I always thought and knew that I would teach 2nd or 3rd grade, but He had a different plan for me and put me in 6th grade. It is amazing, but I was so not prepared for it. Everything I had collected during my undergrad classes was geared towards the lower grades, so I did not have many resources to pull from. Then there is the whole fact that the other 6th grade Language Arts teachers are so stuck in their ways and have no interest in actually doing what is best for the kids. They would much rather just go and pull the same thing they have been using for 25 years from their filing cabinet. Sorry for the rant, it is just so frustrating! This is where two amazing bloggers come in. Know though that they are not the only two that have been supportive to me, all of you have! These two have just gone above and beyond what I ever could have asked of them. 

Mrs. Zrihen! Wow, where do I even begin to start? Another middle school language arts teacher who inspires me to be a better teacher myself. You can tell just by reading her blog how passionate she is about her job and creating life long readers in her students. I wish we lived closer to each other because I would love to have a whole day for us to just talk in person. I also love her reading notebook ideas and we both are obsessed with foldables!

Then there is Lindsay! I love her passion for reading and it is her that first got me hooked on anchor charts! She might teach 5th grade, but I have taken so many ideas and tweaked them to fit the needs of my kiddos. She can also relate to me with all of the new testing changes in Texas. I am really hoping that we can get together at sometime, maybe this summer! We are already BFF's in the blog world and I bet we would be pretty good friend in real life too! 

Be sure that you head on over to Little Miss Kindergarten to link up and share about your most supportive bloggers!
Little Miss Kindergarten

4 comments:

  1. that's so sweet! what a great linky party!

    -Rachelle
    whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was to thank someone I would send a big "Thanks" your way. I love your blog and even though we are miles away (NY to TX), whenever I sign in on here and see one of your fabulous posts I remember that other people are first year ELA teachers that are creative and working hard. It's so inspiring! :) Thanks and have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are so sweet and you made my day! I feel the SAME WAY about you! We will meet up soon. I'll let you know when I go to my parents next.

    :)

    Love, Your bloggy BFF

    Lindsay
    My Life as a Fifth Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!