Over the past few weeks, I have been completely rewriting the curriculum that I am going to be using during the 2nd semester.I am really excited about how it is turning out and am excited to be doing a true reading and writing workshop with my kids. I have been wanting to do quite a bit of writing this next semester because I do not feel that I have done enough of it with my kids. One of the things I wanted to make was a board where the students could move their names as they go through the writing process. I decided to do something on my new locking cabinet with it and I love how it turned out. (Sorry for the poor quality of pictures)
I have a card for each of the 5 steps that we are using. I of course had to make them cute!
Here is a better picture of the whole thing. On the blank door is where there individual name magnets will go. The cabinet is also by the round table that I have where they will meet for the work on writing station. I really love how it turned out.
I also got one of the sweetest gifts ever yesterday at school. My last class goes to their electives in between the 2 class periods that I have them. Yesterday, I am out in the hallway monitoring students in between 6th and 7th period. One of my students is walking into the classroom with some of his art work that he completed this semester in art. He stops and tells me, "Miss Klohn, I think I want you to have this picture that I made in art." I love it and it already has a spot on my wall in my classroom. As soon as I hung up the picture on the left in the picture below, another student wanted me to hang his up too.
It is simple things like this that make being a teacher so worth while.



Hi Katie:
ReplyDeleteI love your Writing Process signs!
I have been trying to think of a way to keep track of where my kids are in Writing Workshop. Thanks to your inspiration, I'm working through a way to adapt your idea to suit my bunch.
Hey! Now you might be able to use those magnetic pages! See:
http://joyin6th.blogspot.com/2011/10/magnetic-pages-make-life-easier.html
Wishing you a HAPPY, restful holiday season...
Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade
Very cute! I hate to admit, but writing is my least favorite thing to teach! My kids have such a hard time editing. They want me to do all the work!
ReplyDelete