12.12.2011

I'm lovin' it!

As they say in the McDonald's commercials, I'm lovin' it! That is also what my 6th graders say when I am trying to get their attention. I start by saying, "Ba da ba ba ba" and they respond with, "I'm lovin' it!" It works great and the kids enjoy saying it. 

I have absolutely loved how our reader's notebooks are working for us in my classroom. We have been doing some things with The Polar Express in them the past few days. I was hoping my 6th graders would love using foldables in class, and I am so glad they do. Sometimes I do not even think they realize how much they are actually learning when we use them. Here are a few things we have done in them the past few days. 

Sorry about the shadows. 

Tonight I also ventured off to a Scholastic Warehouse sale that was in San Antonio which about an hour from me. That might have been a mistake because I spent way too much money, but I got so much stuff! Pretty much everything was half off. I am planning on taking a picture of it all tomorrow sometime to show you all. If there is ever one around you I highly suggest that you go! 

I also finally got a kidney table for my classroom today. I have had a round table, but the kids like to sit at it and I was really wanting something to meet with small groups at. I am also getting rid of my desk to make room for it. Hopefully this will all happen sometime this week. :)

I am also loving that I have been playing Christmas in my classroom these past few days. I am so grateful to work in a district where that is not an issue. I actually just downloaded the new Biebs Christmas CD. My kids better be excited about it!!!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway here!

11 comments:

  1. Katie, I love the foldable!!! I have an identical twin to it in my classroom! Seems like a great lesson!

    Happy Holidays!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see what you have under each tab!!?? An example? Definition!?? Love your site!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.mpsaz.org/rmre/grades/grade5/homework_help/files/point_of_view.pdf

      Delete
  3. I love the point of view foldable! I am going to start a language arts spiral notebook next year for my students...excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this on Pinterest - can you tell us what is under the flaps? Thanks! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.mpsaz.org/rmre/grades/grade5/homework_help/files/point_of_view.pdf

      Delete
  5. Katie-Is this foldable printable? I am leading professional developement in my building on Wednesday, and I would like to have a foldable for every teacher to take and use after our session. I would LOVE to use this, giving you proper credit, of course. Thanks! -Mo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not. It was a template that I wrote on. Sorry.

      Delete
    2. http://www.mpsaz.org/rmre/grades/grade5/homework_help/files/point_of_view.pdf

      Delete
  6. Thank you Meghan Dingle for posting the link!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! This is great information that I will definitely try with my students.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!