8.20.2012

Teacher Week- Must Haves

I cannot believe that summer has come and gone already. Like many of you, I started staff development today, and our first day with the kids is August 27th. I will admit though that it feels so great to no longer be the youngest teacher on my campus; we have a brand new teacher who is a year younger than me. :) It has also not been nearly as overwhelming this year either for me which has been a big relief. 

I am linking up with Blog Hoppin' for their 2nd annual Teacher Week.

Some of my teaching must haves would have to be...
A dedicated whole group area. I did not have one last year and I really wish I would have! I cannot wait to use this area this year with my 6th graders! Plus, you've got to love the chevron rugs from Big Lots! 

My CRAFT board since I use the CAFE strategies during my class. I just love these headers that Kristen made! They go perfectly with my classroom decor!

My Flip Chart markers that I use to make all of the anchor charts that we use. If you have not tried these, they are amazing!

Lots of Diet Coke! I have at least one a day during school, but I am pretty sure that I would not function without it. 

I cannot wait to share my classroom with you all on Wednesday. After spending 9 hours up there yesterday, it is pretty much finished. :)

6 comments:

  1. Love the photos! I agree with the whole group meeting area to have a transition from subject to work time. Can you give more information on craft?

    teachingtrainingandtots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm that rug?! Is it weird that I want it for my own room?! hahahaha I also LOVE Sharpie Flip Chart markers! LIFE CHANGING!

    ☼ Kate
    To The Square Inch

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the rugs... I need to see if I can find them at my Big Lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rugs. I am totally with you on the Diet Coke thing. I have such an addiction to the stuff (better than another type of coke addiction though!). I'm planning on giving it up this year as I know how bad it is for my teeth and tummy. I hope I don't turn into a zombie!

    Emer
    A Crucial Week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another lover of the rugs here! I am going to make a trip to my Big Lots this weekend and cross my fingers there are some rugs there for me! I've been wanting to put some in my library area to make it cozier but so far all the ones I've seen are mucho $$. These look manageable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am hoping I can 1) Find a Big Lots here. 2) They will have the chevron rugs

    I am not happy with regular sharpie markers for my anchor charts, so I am glad to see your recommendation. I, too, drink Diet Coke, but I am officially decaffeinated. I know you are wondering why drink it if there is no caffeine. Well, I do like the way it burns down my throat first thing in the am. Have a great new year!! -Mo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!