8.26.2012

And so it begins...

It is hard to believe that I am getting ready to begin my second full year of teaching at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. My classroom is ready, I have my copies taken care of for the first three days, all I need now is my 108 6th graders to come walking through my door. 
It seems like just yesterday that I was working in a first grade classroom with an amazing teacher while I was still in high school, and now I have my own classroom. Where did the time go?

There are so many things that I am looking forward to about this coming school year:

1. Implementing Whole Brain Teaching
2. Having more students whose lives I can influence
3. Having a Scope and Sequence (it is amazing what a difference this has already made!)
4. Being part of my campus leadership team and helping to influence the other staff members to always be doing what is best for the kids.
5. Implementing my Interactive Notebooks from the beginning of the year

What are you looking forward to this school year?

12 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts Katie--you are always so enthusiastic and inspiring! I know you will do so well this year and your students are so lucky to have you as their teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie!

    Have a great first day :)You are going to be awesome!!

    --jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to keeping a positive attitude and always finding the silver lining (and hopefully having that rub off on a couple of negative-nelly colleagues *wink*)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow-108-6th graders! Can't wait to hear all about those first few weeks. Have a great year!
    -Erin
    http://mrsbeerslanguageartsclass.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope today went well, Katie! Keep us posted. Also, are you using some of Dinah Zike's foldables for your interactive notebooks? I have found a few for social studies, but I really want to use more in math and reading, to make those notebooks truly interactive too. Hope all is great! -Mo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mo!

      I just realized that you are a no email address commenter. Send me an email so we can chat because I have no idea if you get these or not. I do use some of her templates in my notebooks, but I am also currently in the process of making some interactive organizers that I would love to share with you before it goes in my TpT store.

      Katie

      Delete
  6. I'm also implementing whole brain teaching. I'm excited about it! Hope went well today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking forward to just the idea of teaching history this year for the 1st time. I'm hoping to bring it alive for them. I want them to walk away with the big ideas! :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am implementing interactive notebooks this year in my 6th grade language arts class. Id love to hear about what you are putting in your notebooks. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too am implementing Whole Brain Teaching & Interactive Notebooks. Just completed a mini-unit on 6 Reading Strategies...complete w/ WBT gestures (kids and I made up the gestures together) & "teach/okay" AND added a flip chart of the strategies to our Interactivie Notebooks. Then we used our flip charts to practice applying the strategies to our whole-class novel (Boy of the Painted Cave). I'm feeling pretty good about it! Can't wait to see what you share!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!