I have a super busy week ahead of me and it all started with an interview for a 3rd grade position today. I thought that it went great and I wouldn't have changed anything about it. I was so excited too when Mr. Principal asked me the questions that he told me I had to get right. He asked me "What is the most important characteristic of a good teacher?" I had a big smile on my face when I sad passion because I knew that is what he wanted to hear. Hopefully I was the only person who gave that answer all day! :) I am going to know by Friday at the latest either way because they want to take the name to the board meeting next Monday.
Tomorrow is our big 6th grade field trip to Sea World. I am both excited and a little scared about taking 250 kids there for the day. The good news though is that none of the rides are open and we only go to the exhibits and 2 shows. We split the kids into groups of 7 or so and I of course took a group of some of the kids who tend to get in trouble. Hopefully they will be on their best behavior.
Friday is 6th grade field day which is bound to be crazy. We basically run it like a real track meet and the kids compete in different track events. I think my class might have a shot at winning it all, but we will see. It is supposed to be back in the 90's by then so the afternoon might be miserable.
So many exciting things happening this week in the life of a 6th grade teacher!



I'm sure you did a FABULOUS job at your interview!! Hope you hear back soon! Good luck on the field trip! What a cool place to go!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Have fun on that field trip! What a fabulous idea~ I am jealous over here in TN :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck Katie!! Can't wait to hear the news!!
ReplyDeletehadar :)