5.10.2011

Official

I signed my 1 year probationary contract today during my conference so I am now an official employee off the school district! 

Now that I know I am official, I have been on a cleaning streak in my classroom. There was so much stuff left in there from the previous teacher that just needed to be chunked. She also left a ton of books too, but so many of them were in bad shape. I also placed my first Scholastic order on Monday and got some exciting chapter books for my 6th graders to read. I hope they are as excited about them as I was picking them out! I am also thinking about organizing my library by genres and authors and putting books in baskets with labels. I know this is normally done in elementary classrooms, but would it be okay to do at the middle school level too?

I've also been stalking some catalogs looking for the perfect mailbox system that I want to use to hand back papers. Do you have one in your classroom? Where did you find it? 


3 comments:

  1. Congrats honey! I'm so proud of you. And a bit jealous. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I just wanted to let you know that books in bins with labels is GREAT for sixth graders. My kiddos from this past year enjoyed mine. :) Good luck, you'll do fabulous!

    Katie

    http://thebrockmeyers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I have my classroom library organized by genre and in baskets. I had the kids vote on how they wanted it organized. I also have a bin for unwanted or finished books that the classroom librarian is responsible for putting away each day.

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!