5.05.2011

I got a job!!!

If you follow my personal blog, you already knew this because I could not hold it in any longer! As of about 11:30am today, I am officially the newest employee of Fredericksburg Independent School District as a 6th grade Language Arts teacher.

 I sort of had a hunch that after I did not get the 3rd grade job that I would have a pretty decent shot of getting this 6th grade job. Yesterday Ms. Principal told me that she needed to talk to me sometime today so I figured I would find something out. During my conference I headed over to Central Office to vote in our school election for a bond that we are hoping passes. When I got there, the sub coordinator was talking to the secretary and I overheard her say that she was pretty sure they had just offered a job to me. I was a little surprised to hear this since I had not talked to the principal or anything yet. I get back to the middle school and go wait in the library for our teacher appreciation lunch that the PTO was putting on. I am just finishing up my lunch when the receptionist from the office comes to find me and tells me that Ms. Principal needs to talk to me. Of course I got all nervous and everything, but I headed to her office. I walk in and I see both of our counselors sitting there and she told me to close the door. I took the open seat at her table, and she informs me right away that she would love for me to continue teaching Language Arts for the 2011-2012 school year! I of course told her yes! I did not even have to have an interview or anything, but it does help that she knows exactly what she is getting. 

This afternoon I went over to Central Office to get some paperwork started, and then after approval by the school board Monday night, I can sign my contract Tuesday sometime. It is so surreal, but I am so excited. I already know that this summer I am going to have to go through a 30 hour GT training in either SA or Austin. Have any of you all ever done this? 

I promise to share more as it unfolds!

12 comments:

  1. YAY, YAY, YAY! So proud of you! all of your hard work has paid off! woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm so excited for you! I am taking a 30 hour GT course sometime in June!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congratulations! You didn't have to interview because you've BEEN doing the job -- they know what you can do and that is the best kind of interview their is!!

    Seriously, when I was still job hunting, there were many times I wanted to say "put me in front of kids and let me SHOW YOU what I can do!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh honey that is fantastic! And it's it amazing that even as an adult going to the principal can be nerve wracking?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on getting a new job, it's such good news to start a month out like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good for you!!! =) congrats!

    www.anotherdayinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Now you can rest easy this summer.

    I took the 30 hour GT training and loved it. I felt like I came away with a lot of things to use with all of my students, not just the gifted ones.

    Morgan
    FantasticFirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations!!! the gt training is not bad. i had to do it also. once you have done it, it's done and you just have to get updates. :) so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! This is my 1st year teaching 6th grade Reading/Language Arts so maybe we can follow each other this summer and next year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats! i love teaching language arts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!