4.11.2011

Well I had That Sub...

Yes, you all know which one I am talking about. The horrible one. 

First she was late, about an hour late. Then she did not even follow my lesson plans. This sub did not leave me a note either about the day! The kids had nothing but bad things to say about her too. Hopefully I will not have her in my room ever again. 

I also got an email today from the elementary principal where I student taught for 4th grade, and I have an interview in May! I am so excited, but nervous all at the same time. It is for a 3rd grade position which I think would be great. I have fingers crossed, and I am also still hoping to hear something about the possibility of just staying in 6th grade. I am just excited to even be getting an interview though. 

Speaking of 6th grade, I am still loving it! I am not enjoying the 45 research papers that I have to have graded by Friday though. Oh wait, did I mention the 45 book report projects I have to look at too? Or the 12 parts for a Biography Project for 20 kids in my regular class? I am not a fan of the end of the 6 weeks. I just hope I can make it out alive. 

I also found out today that we are going to be going on a field trip the first week in May. We are taking the entire grade level to Sea World. I am not too sure what to think about this quite yet. The kids are already complaining because all of the rides will be closed and just the exhibits and shows will be going on. I think it will be fun, but it sounds like it is going to be a logistical nightmare. I am trying to stay positive, but we will see.

4 comments:

  1. I really hope no one ever calls me "that sub" in the negative way. I think I'm the opposite of what you described. Following plans, leaving a novel of a note for the teachers. Hope you don't have her again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a way for your school to put her on a "do not call" list??

    We had a sub who was coming regularly for one of our teachers. She agreed to do a 2-week job to help proctor the ELPA (a language proficiency test for our ELL kids) and backed out THE MORNING OF THE TESTING WINDOW! So our principal blocked her from ever coming to our school again, even though she'd been a popular sub for us before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever thought of posting a pic of your current classroom?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes. I feel your pain!!!
    www.anotherdayinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!