That is all I have left of my student teaching experience. Tuesday and Wednesday don't even really count because I had potty patrol during the TAKS test. May 2nd is my official last day of student teaching and then I will be all on my own in 6th grade for the remainder of the school year.
On Thursday I had my final observation for student teaching and I am excited to report that I got a perfect 120 out of 120 from my supervising professor. I knew I would do well, but I was not expecting a perfect score at all. Now all I have left is to graduate and then I will be fully certified to teach EC-6th grade in the state of Texas. I am also planning on taking the 4-8 generalist test this summer too.
On Thursday I officially applied for the 6th grade ELA job that I am doing right now. I have my fingers crossed because I really think that is where I would rather be. Don't get me wrong, I still love the elementary kiddos, I just think I would like to start in 6th grade especially now since I have a rhythm with it. The idea of possibly only planning for 2 things is nice too compared to having to plan for all 4 content areas. Hopefully I will have a better idea by the end of the week though.
Do you do anything special for your kiddos for testing or give them an encouragement note? I am wanting to give them something on Monday but am just not sure what I want it to be. I would love to hear your suggestions!



Can't believe your student teaching is almost over!!! I have loved hearing about your journey along the way :) thank you for sharing it!
ReplyDeleteHadar
I hope you get the ELA job!! Each year, I have my students write a letter of encouragement to themselves and then I pair them up with another student and they write letters to encourage each other for each TAKS test. I hand them out the morning of the test and they get to read them!
ReplyDeleteWe do our standardized testing in October, based on the following years standards (don't ask me why we do this after a summer break when most of the kids don't bother to pick up a book!) This year, I taped little notes that said "Don't forget your smarties, you Smartie!" to a pack of Smarties candies for each kiddo the day before the test to help them feel less nervous :)
ReplyDelete