4.12.2011

Exciting News

1. I am finally getting around to taking some pictures of my classroom tomorrow. I have to warn you now though that it is not too exciting. 

2. I set up my interview today for the 3rd grade job. It is on May 2nd at 10:30am. The principal told me today that I also have to prepare a 5-10 minute reading lesson plan that I could use in a 3rd grade classroom. Any suggestions or ideas? I am thinking I want to do something with a guided reading strategy because that has been a lot of the focus lately on the campus.

Happy almost Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your interview! How exciting! I think anything in Guided reading is good. Today I did a lesson with 3rd grade on Inferencing using Jumanji by Chris Vanallsburg!! (Even thought that's not Guided reading) It was so fun!!

    Can't wait to see your classroom!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your interview! For the lesson, that is a super short time! Maybe something like cause and effect, and identifying the causes and effects in a short text/article? Pick something you are comfortable with for sure!

    I just wrote a post on my blog about 12 Tips for surviving your first year teaching that I think you might enjoy. Check it out if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!