4.18.2011

Head Above the Water

For the first time, I really feel like I am not sinking in the ocean. I have the whole week planned and I do not have stacks of grading waiting for me to do it. 

I also promise that I have classroom pictures coming, the camera is in the car, but it has not made it out of it yet. Now that I am all caught up, I am hoping to do that tomorrow. 

Today I got all signed up with Scholastic and I cannot wait to send home some book orders with my kiddos. Do you send a letter home with yours or how do you do it? I am pretty sure I will be doing the online parent ordering too. 

I am super excited about my lesson plans for this week. Last Friday for reward day at the end of the 6 weeks I showed Tangled to my classes. After thinking about it for a little bit, I quickly discovered how I could connect it to what we are doing for our weekly selection this week. We are reading Yeh-Shen and Sootface. I just finished making a Fairy Tale Comparison chart as well as a graphic organizer to describe the characters in each story. We are going to be covering things like internal and external conflict, character traits, antagonist, protagonist, and sequencing too. I thought that it was going to be a fun activity before the TAKS test next week. Of course we are also doing some review for that and using our KISS statements, showing our P's and Q's, and defining our words. I am so ready for the test to be over with though! 

I also have my third and final observation on Thursday of this week. I am a little nervous about her coming to MS this time, but am excited for her to see what I have done too. It is hard to believe that I am about to be a fully certified teacher! 

I will be back later this week with some documents and pictures hopefully too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!