4.19.2011

Welcome to Room 117!

I have not been able to do too much to the room because I have just been trying to keep my head above the water. I wish I had taken some before pictures because it was a disaster area when I first got there. You can bet the room will have more of my own personal touches if I get to stay in it for next year.

 the view from my desk area
 my parts of speech signs that I made
 view from the back corner
 here you can really notice how off center my letters are, I just haven't had time to fix them
 The table! This is where kids pick up and turn in everything. It is my lifesaver!
 I have a crate that houses the extra copies for each day of the week. Students can get a replacement here but it will cost them 5 points.
 the turn in trays
 Absent Crate- I have a sheet that I fill out for the students and then attach their work to it. When they come back they just look in the folder for the day of the week that they missed and they will find their work.
 view from the front of the room...the last teacher left all of those books, but they need to be organized
 view from the door
 here you can see my desk area, it needs some color

Hope you enjoyed the look around room 117!

4 comments:

  1. I like your parts of speech signs! Too cute! Your room looks great! I wish I had extra copies of stuff...we are limited on copies this year so I never make any extra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Thanks for sharing pics of the room and some fun ideas. I couldnt find your email address, but I wanted to ask you if you could give me a few pointers or questions for first time teacher interviews! I know you have had an interview or two here lately, so I wanted to ask your advice! I have one tomorrow at 11am for elementary (no specific grade). I am nervous because I graduated 2 years ago and not sure I will remember everything or be able to give a good answer for classroom management or teaching style! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Kaite!
    rvaughn33@gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh that room has SO many possibilities!! I hope you get to stay next year and truly make it yours. Color me a nerd but decorating my classroom for the start of the year is one of my favorite things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The classroom looks awesome! :)

    I love the decorative baskets and such! :3

    -liz at 6birds.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!