It is hard to believe that it is already May! Where has the school year gone? I have only 24 more school days left as a 6th grade teacher and then it is time for a new chapter in my educator career. :)
I am linking up with Farley for her monthly Currently Linky Party!
Listening: Anyone else a Dance Moms groupie? I only started watching last season, but I am obsessed! I never danced so I had no idea how crazy and competitive some of the moms can be. The girls seem so normal, but the mothers on the other hand...not so much!
Loving: My heart is still just so happy about teaching 1st grade in the fall! I am still in disbelief that it is really happening! This has been a dream for so long and I am so blessed to have it coming true at a school and with a team that I am so excited about!
Thinking: I do not think I can wear enough layers for field day tomorrow! It is supposed to be 39 degrees in the morning! The good news though is that I am in charge of the music and it is going to rock!
Wanting: Summer Vacation so badly! In the summer I work at a camp that has 9-13 year olds. I am actually going to be the girl's camp director this summer and I am so excited about the opportunity! I am so grateful to have made some amazing friends at camp, and they truly are my best friends! I talk to at least one of them on a daily basis!
Needing: I am so excited about 1st grade, but I am so not excited about packing up my room. I would be lying if I said I had not already started. :) I cannot believe how much stuff I have acquired in two years! There may have been a large Scholastic order that is packed as well.
Summer Bucket List: My list is pretty simple. I will be spending most of my summer at camp...everything except one week. I leave for camp June 8th and won't be back until August 10th! At camp I plan on reading a few books. I have been reading the Pretty Little Liars series and hope to finish it this summer. Obviously I will be setting up a new classroom and I will have to do so in only a week. If you're bored and in Texas, come and help me! I am also planning on getting a new wardrobe. I have been spoiled the past two years because we can wear jeans every day. That is not the case for my new campus, so I need to do some shopping!




Hello! I came over from Currently! I love your blog colors! You will love 1st, I spent 5 years there and they come to school & they love you every single day! Enjoy!
ReplyDelete~Fern
Fern Smith’s Classroom Ideas!
Fern Smith’s Pinterest Boards!
First graders are THE BEST. I am so happy that you get this dream of yours. I got my dream last May (also first grade), so I can feel your excitement. Happy summer!
ReplyDeleteAlyce
Mrs. Bartel’s School Family
Yeah! You're moving to first grade!!! You will love it. I've been teaching 1st grade for 12 years, and it is so challenging (yet so rewarding). This is the year they learn to read, and they mature so much!
ReplyDeleteI do "secretly" like Dance Moms too. I haven't watched it too much in the past year, but I used to be addicted. My husband thought I was crazy. Intervention is a secret love too. It's sad, but "addicting".
Check out my blog for first grade ideas.
-Jen
That First Grade Blog
I am still way way jealous over your move to 1st... I was secretly wanting to move to 2nd...but 4th grade is where I'll be :) what are you going to do with your blog name??? do you have free time during the summer for a meet up... I would love for some of us to get together again :)
ReplyDeleteFirst grade seems so fun to me! If I could change grades I would probably do that, or even kindergarten. What a change that would be from grade 6 gifted. I will be teaching the same thing next year. I am destined to remain in gifted I think, they don't want to let me out!
ReplyDeleteHave a fantastic summer, your campers and staff are lucky to have you!
Sidney
Teachingisagift
OMG! I totally love Dance Moms too! Pretty heated episode this week huh? :O) Wow! What a jump from 6th to 1st! So excited for you!!! Found you through the linky!
ReplyDeleteJoanne
Head Over Heels For Teaching
I'm going the opposite way - 2nd to 5th! I've started packing and it is quite the challenge. Enjoy your field day!
ReplyDeleteSara :)
Smiling In Second Grade
Congrats on your move to 1st grade! I love your blog! I look forward to reading about your 1st grade adventures.
ReplyDelete