I know I am a little late to the party, but I still wanted to play!
Be sure to had on over to Doodle Bugs Teaching to see posts from some amazing bloggers!
One. I am still stunned by the destruction of the tornado in Oklahoma! I cannot even imagine having to deal with a situation like that while in school! I knew right away that I wanted to give back somehow so I participated in a few things that I found. Check out The Teacher's Treasure Chest and Teacher's Notebook to see how you can give back and get some great resources at the same time!
Two. I have known since April 4th that I would be teaching 1st grade in the fall and I still cannot believe it! I would be lying if I said I was not excited. I found out yesterday that I will get a key to my new classroom on June 7th! I may have done a little packing already.
This picture is from over a week ago. It is even more out of control now. I cannot believe how much stuff I have acquired in two short years. :)
Three. Do you remember the nasty hail storm I posted about two weeks ago? Well, my car was not totaled, but I still managed to get a new one out of the deal. I got myself a 2013 Toyota Highlander and I am loving it!
Four. In First Grade they do Writing Workshop and I am so excited about it! When I did three days of observations in 1st grade I got to see it in action. I also spoke with the AP and she hooked me up with some summer reading materials for me about the Writing Workshop model. Right now I am about halfway finished with About the Authors and I absolutely love it! If you do writing workshop in your classroom, you must read this book!






Congratulations on your move to 1st Grade!! I moved from 6th to 5th this past year and although it was a difficult transition sometimes (I really missed feeling confident about the curriculum), I am so glad I made the change. I can't wait to see your new blog name! :-)
ReplyDeleteCorrina
From Mrs. Allen's Teaching Files
I give you a lot of credit....1st graders are cute but they scare me! I always tell people I'd rather warp their minds when they are older (4th/5th graders) than when they are really impressionable ;)
ReplyDeleteGreat ride. Jealous!
I'm your newest follower! I stopped by from doodle bugs linky - glad I did!
ReplyDeleteSusanna
Whimsy Workshop
Sixth to first! That is a huge jump - but I am sure you will love it. Little kids LOVE their teachers! Sounds like you have the perfect background for it, and are already teaching the way little guys need as well! Congratulations! I am so excited to read about your adventures in this big move! I am your newest follower!
ReplyDeleteHeidi