5.10.2013

Five on Friday


What a week it has been! It is definitely one for the books!

One. I spent the beginning of this week shadowing in 1st grade and I absolutely loved it! I know that moving to 1st grade was the right decision and that following my heart was a great choice! I just love the team and they are such a fun group of people to be around. I am also super excited because we will be implementing both the Daily 5 and Writer's Workshop. They started with Writer's Workshop this year, but the Daily 5 will be new for 1st in the fall. I am a huge fan of it and I actually implemented it in my 6th grade classroom last year!

Two. We had some serious storms in my Hill Country town last night. I got this picture from my mom today at about 9 a.m. 
 That would be my Camry going off to the body shop. I am not really sure why it had to go because it looks fine to me. :)
Don't you think I can drive it tomorrow? We are thinking it may be totaled because they are going to have to fix every single panel on the car with the damage that it got. I may or may not have my eye on a 4Runner if that does end up being the case. 

Three. I got the sweetest cards from one of my 6th graders this week during Teacher Appreciation. It is cards like that that make me realize why I do what I do. It is one I will keep forever!

Four. In a little over 12 hours I will be walking the stage at graduation for my Masters Degree in Education with my Principal Certification. I actually finished up in December, but they only have graduation once a year. So excited to have this chapter of my life finished. Now it may help if I take my principal exam. 

Five. Tuesday is field trip day for 6th grade and we are headed to the zoo. It has been several years since I have last gone and I cannot wait. You can bet I will be blowing instagram up on Tuesday! 
Follow me @missklohn

4 comments:

  1. Yay for your MASTERS!!! Congrats! I hate you guys had such a terrible storm. :( Happy Saturday!
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing your masters! I will be done 7/7/13 and it cannot come quick enough!!

    The zoo is one of my favorite places! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on graduating and finishing your masters! That is a fabulous accomplishment :)

    Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Katie, on your graduation. I think you deserve kudos for surviving that hail storm too! Sixth graders at the zoo... you ARE brave. (I think I'd be checking the substitute list!)

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!