5.28.2013

Next year I am definitely...(Linky Party)


I am beyond excited about linking up with one of my favorite 6th grade blogger, Kim! Be sure you link up and join her linky party because she is amazing!
joyin6th Homepage

 I couldn't resist...I had to do it! Of course I will be doing everything differently because I am making a huge change from 6th to 1st grade! This was a decision I made and I could not be happier about it. My dream has always been to teach 1st or 2nd grade and now I am getting to do that! 

 This past year was the first year that they have done Writer's Workshop at the school I will be teaching at and I am so excited about it. We have about an hour built into the schedule for it and I want to make sure that my students get that time each day. I feel like writing is often overlooked and that children come to not like it. I want it to be something that they enjoy on a daily basis!

 I am obsessed with the Daily 5 and cannot wait to use it in my classroom! I just love that the students have a choice in what they are doing and the prep time is way less for the teacher. Luckily, they have been doing Daily 5 in Kinder, so my kiddos will be used to it already. :)

 I love reading about everyone's Sub Tubs. I have been spoiled because on sub plans for 6th grade I only had to fill about an hour of time. 1st grade won;t quite be that way. I think a sub tub will be the perfect solution for me. 

 Being that I am moving to a new classroom, I really hope that this is something I can do. I am going to have to organize all of my materials and supplies in a new space, I just need to keep it that way! 

That is pretty self explanatory! I am beyond excited for the upcoming year and cannot wait to share it with you all!

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on moving to the new classroom. I can tell you are really excited about the change, which will definitely reflect in excitement to all of your new kiddos. I can't wait to read about some of things you will be doing in first!
    - Kendra
    The Social Student Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you I am moving from a Middle School Literacy class to a self contained 2nd grade Special Ed class. I am beyond excited because I have truly missed teaching this age group the past 15 years! Good luck with your move.....I have found that is my least favorite part....packing 31 years of material.....however it is forcing me to keep things behind for my friends at the Middle School level!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to organize too. I don't know yet if I'm moving or not (supposed to know today but its 5:53 and I haven't heard....). The biggest plus to leaving is it would FORCE ME to organize all of my crap!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! From 6th to 1st, that is quite a jump! I am sure you will enjoy it! I like you Writing Workshop plan, I often cut it out due to time (poor decision on my part).

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the move from 6th to 1st. I taught K for 6 years-they LOVE you and learning so I'm sure 1st graders are the same. :)

    I will be teaching 6th self contained next year so LOTS of new stuff for me!!!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the move (although I'm pretty sure I've already told you how happy I am for you...it's such a blessing to get to teach what you want). I can't wait to see all of the wonderful things you do with the little guys! I needing to create a sub tub, too. It would make my life a whole lot easier!
    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a big change! Congratulations on getting the job you've dreamed of! I hope it turns out to be everything you've ever wanted. I just found your blog through the linky party, and I'm a new follower. I look forward to reading about how your transition goes.
    Alison
    Eberopolis: Teaching Reading & Writing with Technology

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow our stories so similar. I am moving from 5th to Kindergarten this upcoming year! I am ready for the change also!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!