2.19.2011

A Little Blog Love!

First off, have you seen the amazing giveaway that Erica is having over on her blog? She is giving away not one, but two signed copies of her book Reading Response Activity Sheets for Young Learners that has been published by Scholastic. It ends at midnight tonight so hurry on up and enter over at her blog! 

My very sweet friend, Mrs. Claborn, also awarded me with the Stylish Blogger award! I have known her for several years now because of camp, and hope that I can be as a great of a teacher as her one day! 
The Rules
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award. 
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 5 great recently discovered bloggers
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award

So 7 things about Miss Klohn...

1. I am absolutely loving my student teaching in a 4th grade inclusion classroom. It for sure has had its challenges since there are 5 SPED kids in the class, but all of the rewards and a-ha moments for sure out weigh the bad. Plus, have I mentioned just how amazing my mentor teacher is...she rocks!

2. I am really scared about finding a job for the fall with all of this budget mess with education in Texas. I know that God will provide and there will be one for me, but I would really like to start here in Fredericksburg. We will see though.

3. I have pretty much known my entire life that I wanted to be a teacher. I really believe that teaching is one of those things that you just know you are supposed to do. 

4. I am slightly obsessed with children's books, and currently own over 300 already for my future classroom. Yes, a tad too many but I want my students to have lots of choices to pick from. I have actually already labeled them all with their AR levels and quiz numbers too. Just need a classroom library to put them all in now. 

5. I am considering taking the 4-8 generalist test just to make myself more marketable...what are your thoughts? I am also planning on taking the ESL supplement too in June. 

6. I cannot go near a teacher store because I always find something to buy. I just love all of the fun borders and letters for my bulletin boards. My thought has been if I by those things here and there now, I will not be spending so much money when I have my first classroom. 

7. I want to have a theme for my classroom, but am not sure if I would want to do a sports theme or Hollywood. Do you have a theme in your room, if so, what is it? 

I am giving the Stylish Blogger Award to these wonderful teachers...

Hope you are having a fabulous weekend and maybe even get to enjoy the long weekend! We have teacher inservice on Monday, boo!

4 comments:

  1. I bet you are such a wonderful teacher! I think it is a great idea to go ahead and label your books as you buy them. At the school I teach at, we don't have AR so I have labeled mine by their genre, except for picture books. I also bought lots of stuff before I was a teacher and have used most of it. Now I am looking for more book shelves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be an amazing teacher!! Taking the 4-8 test might not be a bad thing. It would give you more options. I am so optimistic for you! From what I remember from camp and from what I see here, anyone would be thrilled to have you!!

    Thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound just like me, I just finished student teaching and graduated in December. I am stressing about finding a job too. Things aren't looking very good in SC either. Right now I'm subbing. It was going slow at first but I'm starting to get more calls so hopefully if I don't get my own classroom, I will stay busy subbing. I too am obsessed with children's books and probably have at least 300. Enjoy your student teaching, it really flies by.

    JoAnne @ http://themissadventuresofmissjoanne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely take the ESL supplemental! We live in Texas, let's face it, we kinda need it! ;) Many districts in North Texas are now requiring all of their English Language Arts to take it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!