After talking with the principal yesterday, I have been working on my resume and letter of intent that I will submit with my applications. I understand that I am really going to have to sell myself with my resume and letter of intent. For you all who have applied for jobs recently, what do you suggest for length, is longer than a page acceptable? Do you list your references on the resume? With the job market being so tough this year, I am really wanting to make a good impression with this. I am hoping that the principal will look at both and tell me what he thinks too.
This evening was the 4th grade production that the music teacher puts on every year. They did Annie and it was so cute. The kids were all so excited that I made it back in time for the play and I am sure they will still be talking about it tomorrow. I wish I would have gotten some pictures because they all looked so cute!
Hope you all have a wonderful Friday, it is for sure my favorite day of the week...I wonder why?!?



I totally understand! Im going to a job fair next sat for charter schools
ReplyDeleteI was hired by my school in April 2009, so the job search frustrations are still fresh in my memory! For a resume, I did 2 pages. The principal I student taught with told me that 2 pages is fine, but if you are going to do the second page, make sure it's a full or almost full page (ie don't just go a few lines onto page 2). I also had a separate page attached with references. He also told me that he hates seeing, "References: Available upon request," because it's too much work!
ReplyDeleteFor the cover letter, I kept all of those under a page.
Hope that helps! Good luck at your job search! Remember, be flexible, and don't give up! It will happen. :)
I have a separate page for references and you want your cover letter to be brief and to the point. If a principal receives 500 applications, chances are he/she is not going to use a fine comb and read every single cover letter, especially if it's too long.
ReplyDelete