2.15.2011

Resume Help and Center Update

I am beginning to apply for jobs, but am not too sure about my resume. What categories do administrators want to see? As tough as it is going to be to get a job here in Texas this year, I want to make sure that they are really impressed with my resume and cover letter. If anyone wants to look at mine and critique it for me I would love that or if you have a really great format for yours that you think would help me would be great too. You can e-mail me at k.e.klohn@gmail.com or if you are interested just leave me your e-mail and I will send it to you. If you are a Texas teacher, I am sure you are familiar with the Texas Association of School Administrators job search, I pretty much stalk it every day!

Monday was day one of using centers during our ELA block and it has been such a hit. The kids love it and I also think that they have been able to get more out of the content because of the small groups. I am most excited for my center tomorrow because we are going to do the conversation hearts writing activity that I posted last week. I hope they really like it and are creative with their quotations. I am ready for the writing TAKS to be over though so that we can not work so much on writing and can dedicate more time to the center activities. 

Something else that has been pretty exciting this week in 4th grade, is that our class was selected to write for the local newspaper for the upcoming Texas Public Schools Week. One 4th grade and one 5th grade class was selected. We were given 2 topics for the kids to write about that are really pretty fun. The topic we have been working on the past two days was "What do you think school will be like in the year 2050?" They were so creative and I am hoping that if they are in the paper I can share some of them with you all. They wrote about things like inventing exploding homework in science class, anti-gravity classrooms where if you get in trouble the teacher just turns on the gravity switch and you fall to the floor, and robot teachers. I am pretty sure none of that will happen, but it has been fun seeing what their imaginations think of. The topic that we are starting tomorrow is for them to plan a day at school where their parents join them. The newspaper lady is coming on Thursday to take pictures of them too. 

Hope that everyone survived Valentine's Day on Monday! I cannot wait to plan my own Valentine's party next year!

3 comments:

  1. I'll take a look at it. I'm a JH teacher so suggestions may not be helpful, but I certainly don't mind looking at it. I know what you mean about finding a job in Texas this next year. It's so sad to hear about the budget cuts and teachers losing jobs. My blog email is micheleiww@hotmail.com, which will forward to my main email. Also, our Education Service Center or Region 10 ESC has a job search area. I don't know what region you are in but I'm sure yours does, too. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOVEE the quote in your header. My friend just had a baby and used that quote in her nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to help you out and look over your resume! I've sat a lot of interview committees this year so I have some idea of what they are looking for. My email is hadarmaor@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!