I cannot even begin to tell you all how amazing my mentor teacher is! Today we discussed the plan for me as far as teaching and she also got me started with some great resources for next week. She is even going to let me start teaching Science on Monday even though I am not supposed to do anything until Thursday of next week. We also talked about totally revamping the ELA block to incorporate centers and small group instruction since the needs of the kids are so diverse. I am really looking forward to this. Do any of you all who teach 3rd grade or up use centers/work stations in your classroom? I am trying to get some ideas of how to set it up.
This weekend I am headed to Austin all weekend for volleyball so that means a stop at Teacher Heaven too. I am hoping to find some good resources that I can use to help plan for my work stations that the kids will enjoy too. Hopefully I can walk out of there without spending too much money, but we all know how that goes.
Happy almost Friday, which means the weekend is almost here! :)



I don't use them but I am about to start (5th grade)....I am going to take my wire shelf to school (the kind you can get at Walmart that just hooks together with plastic pieces) and buy some dish tubs to use to hold the materials on the shelves. The kiddos will be able to move around the room for the stations since two or more pairs may be assigned to the same station at a time.
ReplyDeleteRead the Daily 5 book! It is so wonderful at differentiated instruction with small groups and individual conferencing. My sister is student teaching and she has just finished reading it too. It is amazing... and then you need to read the CAFE book. I've used it in my 4th grade classroom for the past 2 years and it does wonders! I hope it works for you!
ReplyDelete