2.10.2011

Centers in 4th Grade

My mentor teacher and I have decided to revamp the ELA block and introduce centers to the students each week. I am really excited about it because I think that it is really going to help us to differentiate our instruction more efficiently. Next week I will be responsible for the grammar center and I will be meeting with the small groups each day. We are also going to have a skill center that Mrs. I will do and it is going to be on Author's Perspective and Author's Purpose. The other two centers will be self-managed and will be spelling and independent reading. I hope the kids will be as excited about them as I am. 

In the grammar center we are going to be focusing on using quotations correctly and also punctuating them correctly too. I was having a hard time finding some worksheets that I really liked so I decided to create my own. 


I am still trying to figure out Google Docs, is there a way that I can embed it in my post? If you can help me let me know! In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the free printables!

2 comments:

  1. Those are such great worksheets! I'm still in college, but I am hoping to one day be an elementary ed. teacher. I would definitely use those. The Conversation Hearts Paragraph is a cute idea. Perfect for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE {and going to be in your own classroom someday} a FABULOUS teacher!! LOVE your creative worksheets. WOW! You are dedicated. Let us know how the centers go. {PS I am student teaching too--in a k-2 multiage classroom & I have not made anything like these--you are just AWESOME! I bet your mentor teacher LOVES you!}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!