I agree with you about Christmas break...I'm ready...the kids are ready :)
As far as your janitor gift...one year we made our janitors hot chocolate mix and gave them a mug, the mix and a small bag of candy. They seemed to like it.
I am so ready for Christmas break. I think your RAK is a wonderful idea. Maybe you could do a little gift basket filled with cookies, an ornament, and something special like Bath and Body Works lotion.
I love the idea of giving your janitor a gift. That is so nice that she goes above and beyond for you in your classroom. As for gift ideas. I always give gift cards. Congrats on finishing grad school. That is such an accomplishment and you should be so proud! ą®Rikki The Hive
My poor custodian has had to do two emergency cleanups of vomit in my room so far this year. I bought her a Starbucks card each time. Maybe there is some kind of treat like that you could do for your custodian? She sounds like a keeper, for sure!
Hi! I just found your blog through Farley's link (though I haven't linked up yet). I used to teach sixth grade, and it was definitely an adventure! I loved it. I'm your newest follower, and I'd love for you to check out my blog as well.
I just love Christmas movies too! I watch them every chance I get from Thanksgiving until Christmas. I would love a new MacBook. I have one for school, but it is old and slow and I cannot download any programs on it. I keep telling myself to open a TPT store and then use the $ I earn for a new MacBook. Maybe someday.
Wow - your custodian sounds amazing! We never get a dust - swept floor and pencil shavings removed if we're lucky. :-( My favorite Christmas movie from last year was 12 Dates of Christmas - sort of like Groundhog's Day. Enjoy your weekend and hope vacation comes soon for you!
Hi! I found you through Farley's linky.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about Christmas break...I'm ready...the kids are ready :)
As far as your janitor gift...one year we made our janitors hot chocolate mix and gave them a mug, the mix and a small bag of candy. They seemed to like it.
I'm a new follower too!
Cheryl
Spotted Around the School
I am so ready for Christmas break. I think your RAK is a wonderful idea. Maybe you could do a little gift basket filled with cookies, an ornament, and something special like Bath and Body Works lotion.
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of giving your janitor a gift. That is so nice that she goes above and beyond for you in your classroom. As for gift ideas. I always give gift cards. Congrats on finishing grad school. That is such an accomplishment and you should be so proud!
ReplyDeleteą®Rikki
The Hive
My poor custodian has had to do two emergency cleanups of vomit in my room so far this year. I bought her a Starbucks card each time. Maybe there is some kind of treat like that you could do for your custodian? She sounds like a keeper, for sure!
ReplyDeleteKrazy Town
Hi! I just found your blog through Farley's link (though I haven't linked up yet). I used to teach sixth grade, and it was definitely an adventure! I loved it. I'm your newest follower, and I'd love for you to check out my blog as well.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week,
Karen
LittleSecond-GradeSomebodies
I just love Christmas movies too! I watch them every chance I get from Thanksgiving until Christmas. I would love a new MacBook. I have one for school, but it is old and slow and I cannot download any programs on it. I keep telling myself to open a TPT store and then use the $ I earn for a new MacBook. Maybe someday.
ReplyDeleteWow - your custodian sounds amazing! We never get a dust - swept floor and pencil shavings removed if we're lucky. :-( My favorite Christmas movie from last year was 12 Dates of Christmas - sort of like Groundhog's Day.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend and hope vacation comes soon for you!
Corrina
Mrs. Allen’s 5th Grade Files