11.25.2012

Literacy Centers for Bigger Kids and Bud!

I am so excited because I am pretty sure that I just finished my new favorite product! 
It is a total of six Literacy Stations for the 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade classroom that can be used during the month of December. Head to my store to check out the description and to also download the preview that shows you exactly what is included. I promise you will not be disappointed!

We also have a new friend in my classroom, Bud. I noticed him while I was doing some planning today. 
My kids are at the age where some still do the Santa thing and others do not, so I knew I had to do mine a little differently. I know my kids will not be sure about it at first, but I am excited for it. Hopefully their behavior will improve...especially my 7th period class.

6 comments:

  1. Please post how this works out in your classroom! I teach 5th grade and have been going back and forth as to if this would help with some of my behavior issues. Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you are introducing the elf! I bought one this weekend and will have to steal your great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really wish I could be doing this in my classroom! This is the second year in a row that I have a student who doesn't celebrate any holidays. I am planning to do some fun holiday writing projects, but just give him an alternate subject, but I can't do anything like this :( Hope your class has a blast with it!!

    Lisa
    Super Pig and Tyrant King

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mrs. Klohn,

    I am currently a senior at the University of Florida studying Elementary Education. I came across your blog through Pinterest. I have really loved looking through all of your posts and seeing all of the creative things you are doing with your class. For one of my courses this semester, I am gathering research about different ways that teachers are using blogs for education purposes. If you wouldn't mind answering a couple of questions that I can add to my data collection, I would really appreciate it. You can email them to me at acrowson@ufl.edu. Thanks!

    Questions:
    1. Why did you create your blog?
    2. What do you feel are the benefits of blogging as a teacher?
    3. What do other teachers think of your blog?
    4. Do the parents of your students visit your blog?
    5. How much time do you have to spend to keep your blog up to date?

    Thank you so much for your time!

    Sincerely,
    Allison Crowson
    acrowson@ufl.edu
    University of Florida
    Gainesville, Florida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your blog! I had an Elf too in my 4th grade class; her name was Ruby. =) They had so much fun with it. I will definitely be back to visit your blog. Thanks for sharing.

      Janna
      Fabulous Finch Facts

      Delete
  5. Hi Katie!
    I am writing to you on behalf of RoboNET. We have lately discovered your blog and were really impressed with your creative ideas for teaching.

    We are the authors of a RoboCAMP educational platform that offers courses for children aged 6-13. Since we have just started selling our product in the US, we are looking for feedback from our users. Because of your wonderful teaching ideas presented on your blog, we would be really excited to hear your opinion. Therefore we would like to offer you our product for free in return for your feedback.
    You can check out our offer at www.robocamp.eu
    I look forward to hearing from you,
    Anna Wirecka (awirecka@robocamp.eu)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!