It is hard to believe that today is already the last day of 2012. Is it just me or does it seem like the year has absolutely flown by? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I was immersed in grad school for most of the year, or that I am frantically trying to teach Language Arts to my 6th graders in a matter of at the most 55 minutes a day. As 2013 gets ready to begin, I thought I would share some of my resolutions/goals with you all. I prefer to call them goals because then I am able to work towards them all year long. :)
My Goals for 2013...
School
One. I want to use my conference period more wisely. On my campus we plan collaboratively for two of our conference periods during the week, but the others are ours to use. I feel that too often I get nothing productive done during that time. I need to use it to make copies, lesson plan, grade, or make parent contacts.
Two. Learn to say no. I feel like I do too much and am afraid to say no when someone asks me to do something. There is too much on my plate and I am overwhelmed by it right now. I need to learn to say no when I get asked to do something.
Personal
One. Take care of me. I have to admit that I have neglected my weight for quite some time because it has remained constant and I have not put more on. I am ready to change that and lose some weight. Any good tips out there? One of the first things I know I am going to work on is my caffeine intake because it is a bit out of control.
Two. Read 100 books in 2013. I love to read and am so grateful that I am finally done with grad school because I get my reading life back! Since being on Christmas break I have already finished three books and I am working on my fourth. I love Goodreads and plan on using that to help me track my progress. If you are on Goodreads, follow me.
Blogging
One. Make sure that I am blogging at least two to three times a week. I usually post twice a week pretty consistently, but sometimes I fail to do so. I also want to make sure that I am posting pictures of the learning taking place in my classroom at least once a week.
Two. Continue to grow my Teachers Pay Teachers and Facebook pages. I just started using these this year and I have loved what they have done for my blog!
What are your goals for 2013?



I have the same blogging goal: I want to take more pictures of activities in my classroom!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with all of your goals!
Halle
Across the Hall in 2nd Grade
I have very similar goals for 2013! I was really successful with Weight Watchers Online a few years ago, so I'm joining back up to get myself back to a healthier weight. I also agree about planning periods. If I could just be productive then, I'd have much less to bring home and could therefore have a little more time to work on blogging, products, or just reading a great book. Just finished Barbara Kingsolver's Flight Behavior and looking for something to read next. What have you read recently that you liked?
ReplyDeleteCorrina
Mrs. Allen’s 5th Grade Files
Mrs. Allen’s Recipe Files
Honestly, I think you just nailed the main goals of every teacher!
ReplyDeleteI think I could (but won't of course!) copy/paste your first four resolutions and call them my own. I signed up for Goodreads last night based on your comments here, so thank you for that suggestion. Good luck with everything in 2013!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
Amanda
http://hisandherhobbies.blogspot.com
I love your resolution to learn to say no. I really need to learn to do the same. Good luck with all of your goals.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
Jamie
http://sixthgradetales.blogspot.com
Hey Katie!
ReplyDeleteGreat goals, and I do like that you call them goals. I agree SO SO SO much with your "saying no" goal. I am going to go crazy if I don't learn this. The thought of going back to school right now scares me because I know I didn't do a good job of this previous to break, but live and learn I guess! :) Have a great start to 2013! :)
Kasey