I am linking up with Jennifer for her Tell Me Something Good Linky!
Something Good At School: I am finally in a nice routine at school and so are my 101 6th graders. It only took us about 9 weeks. :) Only having my students for 55 minutes has been a huge adjustment, but I am loving how much more productive they are since I do not have them for two hours. Now I am just hoping that we can keep this up!
Something Good At Home: My grandparents came to visit us this weekend. It is always so nice when I get to see them, and Meme even treated us girls to dinner.
I am also in love with my new whiteboard that I got with this year's budget. I really wanted to create something where I could post our daily learning objective, our agenda, and homework all in one place for my students. My campus requires us to post our learning objectives, but I wanted my students to be able to measure them.
The "Today I will" portion is where our actual learning objective is posted. The next part, "I'll Know I've Got it When" is something new that I added this school year. A big push on my campus has been how will our students know they've got it, so I added this part to my board. I also like to post an essential question that my students should be able to answer by the end of the class.
In the center of the board you can find the date, our agenda, and my students can also see what items they need to pick up. The material cards are from Ashley Hughes. You can find them in her TpT store.
Here is a view of the entire board.
How do you organize this information in your classroom?




I like that board. The "I know I've got it when" section is great. I think teachers verbalizing that and being that specific with their students is exactly what they need to be successful! De-mystify the learning!
ReplyDeleteGreat post.
Buzzing with Ms. B
I love your board! it's so organized and colorful. I also think the supplies thing must be huge for middle schoolers so they know what they need and can be ready to go when the bell rings.
ReplyDeleteLindsay
My Life as a Third Grade Teacher
I LOVE your board! It looks awesome and so organized. I couldn't imagine only having them for 55 minutes, but I bet it makes for an exciting and fast paced class. Have a marvelous Monday! :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute board! I use a smartboard most days, but like to have my objective/ EQ up for the entire class instead of just at the beginning and then use the board for something else. We're required to post our standards as well, so I have a certificate frame for each day of the week that holds the standard on one side of the smartboard, and a matching set-up for homework on the other. The date is always on the smartboard and the dry erase board. Objectives and EQ are also on the dry erase board so I can write them big. :)
ReplyDeleteI post my daily objective "I can" posters also, but I love your idea to post the "I know I've got it when I can" part. I might steal that. LOL
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
I love your board! I also love the "I'll know I've got it" part. So smart!
ReplyDeleteMarvelous Multiagers!
Great board - I love it! We are not obliged to post our standards but we should be. I'm sure that it helps you keep your teaching well organized and aligned as well. What have been your students' reactions to the new whiteboard?
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love your board! :) I will remember this when I get my own classroom.
ReplyDeleteI really, really love your board setup! I don't think mine is quite the way I like at all--this makes a lot of sense. Thank you Katie, I always get so many ideas from your blog!!! :) :)
ReplyDeleteFor real- white boards are genius! I love mine, but I can't fit everything I want to on it! And oh my gosh- it really does take nine weeks to "train" your kids! I remember how my kids were at the end of the year, but block out how hard it was to get them there!
ReplyDeleteRowdy in First Grade
I love the boards! I am lucky enough to have two big ones taking up two of my walls (as opposed to one white board and a window, which is what most of our rooms have) and I have half of one board marked of with washi tape for the exact same things. It is great because one board is our classroom command center with an assignment calendar, a lost and found (which middle schoolers NEED), and our agenda and what not. I love how colorful yours is!
ReplyDeleteAnother Day in the Silver Mines
Luci
Love the colors on your board. Looks great and oh so organized! :) Lattes and Laughter
ReplyDeleteWoow, this is nice.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis board looks wonderful! I like the objective section and how it gives students more ownership over their own work.
ReplyDeleteMiss A
missaugello.blogspot.com.au
We too post our I can statements...just did the formative assessment training for Michigan....nice to know I am already doing a lot right..love ur board
ReplyDeleteWhere did you get the letters for "objectives"? did you make them yourself? How? I love your board. wonderful idea. thanks
ReplyDeleteI love your board! I teach three preps, so I'm trying to see how I can fit all of the information (three objectives, EQs, bell ringers, and agendas)for all of the classes on my board. It's long, but it's the only teaching board I have besides my smart board.
ReplyDeleteI just love your board. SO much so that I adapted it for my ninth grade English classroom. Thanks so much for your wonderful inspiration.
ReplyDeleteI love your board. I have made one for my 4th grade classroom this year and I love it.
ReplyDelete