5.10.2012

Three on Thursday

So many random things to share about this evening. 

one. Our Grammar Boot Camp has been going great. I really did not teach as much grammar as I would have liked throughout the year, but we are making up for it now. Last week and this week we have been doing irregular verbs. We took some really great notes in our notebooks from the anchor charts that we made together. I really like how they turned out and we have been using these while we have been working. 



Tomorrow we are going to start working on simple, compound, and complex sentences. Luckily, I know they did compound sentences some in 5th grade, but who knows what they will remember. 

Two. I finally broke down and splurged on a laminator that is all mine! Luckily we can use the one at school without any stipulations, but it will be so nice to have one at home this summer. I had been researching them for a while, but I finally decided on the middle of the road Purple Cow laminator. 
Isn't it just great?!?!?! I also stocked up on laminating pouches, cardstock, and colored ink for my printer because I have all of my purchases from the Teacher Appreciation Sale on TpT. I got some great math things that I cannot wait to use tomorrow. 

Three. Tomorrow our soon to be 6th graders are coming for a campus tour. That means that the end of my first year is so close, but the next school year is also not that far away. I am excited because one of my mentor teachers moved up to 5th grade so I will get to see her tomorrow and several of the kids from the 4th grade class that I student taught in. I am really hoping that I will get to have several of them again next year! 

Hope you have a wonderful last day of the school week tomorrow! If you are in Texas, stay dry!

4 comments:

  1. We're starting Grammar Boot Camp on Monday! I should really call it Grammar Blitzkrieg though - 10 skills in 10 days! Yikes! Thanks for the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo...that laminator is gorgeous!! I love mine, it's as old as anything but I use it a ton. You will adore yours :)

    Happy weekend Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Goodness. I can only imagine the hours that I would spend laminating if I had one of those puppies around the house! Hmmm...perhaps it would be a handy tool to keep me busy during the summer...

    Laura

    Will Grade For Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am jealous of your laminator. I think I need to break down and buy one, too.
    LUCKY DUCK!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!