5.05.2012

Water, Internet, Staples, Ribbons, Winner


 Yesterday was our 6th grade field day. It was so much fun, but this girl's shoulders got some sun and that hadn't happened in a long time. To say I am hurting would be an understatement, I am in some serious pain! I am currently covered in aloe on my shoulders. It will be worth it when they are tan though! One of my kiddos also really wanted to do the 3 legged race, but you he had to have a partner that was a girl for it. I did not have a kid in my class that wanted to be his partner, so I told him that I would do the race with him. I was so nervous and was anticipating the fall that would happen. I am glad to report that not only did we not fall, and not only did we make it to the finals, but we placed and both got 5th place ribbons! I wish I could have gotten a picture of his face because he was so excited. The best part though might have been when he gave me a big hug and told me that it was the first field day ribbon that he had ever won. I am so glad that I got to be a part of that for him! 

During lunch, I went and ate with the coaches in their office because I was helping them run everything for the day. They were kind enough to provide lunch to all of us who worked. When I walked back to my classroom for our 30 minute inside time for the kids to cool down, my key would not turn in my lock. One of my kiddos quickly let me know that one of the students in our class had stuffed a staple into the door lock and that is why my key would not turn. Luckily my AP was in the hallway to help, but he could not get the door opened either. We eventually had to break in with a screwdriver and then we left a window cracked so someone would climb into the classroom and then open the door for us. It is just fabulous! The best part is that it did not even get fixed Friday afternoon, but that was because our construction crew that is working on my building managed to also cut a water line and the later cut a fiber-optic line that caused us to have no phone or internet on our entire campus. It was a crazy day! When I left school my door was still broken, I couldn't check my email, and there was no water to use the restroom. 

I also have the winner for the giveaway that I hosted! After I did all of the entries, there was a total of 130 total. I used random.org to pick the winner and it chose...
Entry 100 that belonged to Melissa from The Dalton Gang.I will email you tomorrow with details about how you claim your prizes!

Thanks again to everyone who entered and an even bigger thanks goes to the amazing bloggers who made the giveaway possible by donating some of their creations! 

Starting a teaching blog was one of the best things that I have ever done! I love the online community and the people who I have been able to meet in real life! The wonderful ideas that you all share have really encouraged and helped me during my first year. I can only hope that next year others will be able to say the same about the things I share!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I have no idea why it posted my comment 5 times. I tried to delete them, but it didn't work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!