I am so excited to be a part of the Upper Elementary Daily 5/CAFE Book Study that will be starting on July 1st! I will be sharing more details with you all as it gets closer. We are currently in the process of setting up a blog where we will be doing the book study and I think it will be a great way for us to find it all in one place. I will actually be doing a giveaway for a copy of one of each of the two books to a 4th-6th grade teacher so they can participate in the book study. If you do not feel like waiting, go ahead and order them so you can participate for sure!
Let me know if you plan on joining us!



I am SO excited about this! I actually just ordered the books last week after hearing so many people raving about it. I can't wait!
ReplyDeleteLaura
Will Grade For Coffee
I have both books and would love to do a book study since I want to implement it in my split!
ReplyDeleteI just read both books...a book study was offered by my Regional Office of Education, but the workshop was full by the time I tried to register. So, I bought the books to read on my own and I just finished them up! I teach sixth grade, and I am interested in implementing some of the Daily 5/CAFE ideas in my classes next year. This online book study is a really exciting idea, and I will gladly join!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited to have this opportunity to explore with some other intermediate teachers!
ReplyDeleteSO excited to be doing this!!!!
ReplyDeleteMolly
Lessons with Laughter
I have both books and would like to participate!
ReplyDeleteI will be a first-year teacher next year and just ordered both of these books! Let me know what I can do!
ReplyDeleteI really excited to join the book club! I have read (and reread!) both of these and it'll be a lot of fun to discuss them. Thank you!
ReplyDelete:) Kaitlyn
Smiles and Sunshine
Wow! This will be great! I have read both of these books, incorporated CAFE in my classroom, but am eager to hear how others in the upper grades are using these!
ReplyDeleteI "kind of" ran daily 5 and cafe in my room last year and am really excited to dig much deeper next year! A book study would be right up my alley!
ReplyDeleteI'm really excited for more information on this. I've taught 4th for the past 3 years and have implemented Daily 5 and a little bit of Cafe. I'm moving back to 6th grade for next year and would love to hear how others implement it in the older grades.
ReplyDeleteI just completed my first year teaching 6th grade ELA. I LOVED IT! I had taught 5th grade the past 2 years and 3rd grade before that, but 6th grade is the best! Speaking of best, I LOVE your website! I discovered it 3 weeks ago when I became addicted to PINTEREST. I am curretly reading he Book Whiserer, by Donalyn Miller. I would love to follow your blog on the book study you are doing.
ReplyDeleteI have both of the books, and am just getting ready to read them. What a great idea to do an online book study! I would love to join you. I also just finished The Book Whisperer and Igniting a Passion for Reading by S. Layne. Both are excellent and have me pumped for next year already. I teach a combined (small school) 4th/5th grade.
ReplyDeleteI have read both book and can't wait for the book study. I would love to implement Daily 5/Cafe next year in my class. This is such a wonderful idea!!!
ReplyDeleteI have both books and plan to read this summer, I am teaching 6th grade next year, looping with my 5th graders. I would love to join an online book study.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! I'd love to be part of the book club.
ReplyDeleteI'm in!
ReplyDeleteLesa Haney
Haneyla@lisd.net
I was a first year 6th grade Language Arts teacher as well! I just purchased the books on Amazon. I would love to be a part of the book study. Kendrabarro@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI was a first year 6th grade Language Arts teacher as well! I just purchased the books on Amazon. I would love to be a part of the book study. Kendrabarro@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI'm thrilled about this book study! I've skimmed over the Daily 5 technique but I have yet to implement it in the classroom. My plan is to start it this upcoming school year. I'm so excited to get every one's take on it.
ReplyDeletealisa.ternes@knoxschools.org
I am trying to get my hands on a copy. The local libraries have waiting lists and the one I have ordered is not in yet. I am going to join the book study anyway and catch up when I can.
ReplyDeleteGot my copies a few weeks ago! Totally psyched for a group to study with! I'm in!
ReplyDeleteDes
When I Grow Up
http://whatiwanttobe31.blogspot.com
Keep me posted... I am totally in :) Any ideas I can get for my first year teaching 6th grade would be WoNdErFuL :)
ReplyDelete~Mary
I just finished the first book and I'm starting the CAFE book soon. I am working with another teacher in my district on how to implement Daily 5 in 4th-6th grades. Our district is currently making changes for the common core so they've teamed up with a local university and we can get college credit for our daily 5 work. We would LOVE to take part in this study! Thanks for sharing! I love your blog!
ReplyDeletejegrafitti@gmail.com
Excited to join this book study!
ReplyDelete