5.15.2012

A New View

I have shared on her several times now about how I have been displaced out of my regular classroom because of construction that they are starting on my building at school. It better be worth it come August because I am going to be going crazy if I cannot get in my room to get it all set up at least a week before we start in service. I spent quite a bit of time up there this past weekend getting it all packed up and getting my temporary room set up. When I left Sunday evening, here is what room 117 looked like. 
I also had no idea how much stuff was in my room already after just 1 year. The sad thing is that it will be even worse next year when I have math manipulatives too! The black cabinet is full of things too. 
Here is where I am for the next 11 days of school. The tables came from a resource math teacher, but I wish I could keep them. I am trying to convince my AP that he has to find me tables somewhere because I really want them. This room also has a couch, 2 big chairs, and 2 recliners. Luckily I have been able to use the comfy chairs as rewards which has worked great. It is crowded, but cozy. Unfortunately, that white board that is underneath the dual board is all the writing space I have in the entire classroom. :(

We also did some work/review with subject and predicate as well as simple and compound sentences last week. I love anchor charts and the kids do too. They copied them into their ISN (Interactive Student Notebook) and we referenced the notes during our activities that we did. Sorry about the one being a little blurry. 



Also, have you checked out the giveaway that Mor from A Teacher's Treasure is having in honor of 1000 followers? A few of my products are being given away in it. :)


Yeah for it almost being Wednesday and the half way mark!

4 comments:

  1. Katie -

    I think the right tables make all the difference in the world. I had these two by two tables with baskets underneath for 4 years and I LOVED them. I lost claim to them in my move this year, though. :(

    Fight for em! :)

    Lauren
    Life in Middle School
    http://middleschoolforlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can't wait to see what you come up with in your new room. Take the couch and chairs with you!! I think all desks should be outlawed.

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want tables so bad! Oh, and after my first year of teaching I had to pack up everything and take it home with me because I didn't know if I was having a job. I hope I never have to pack up like that again! haha!

    Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your bulletin board walls! Can you please provide some additional info as to how you created them, and how you affix letters (since it isn't actual cork behind the fabric). Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!