Today we turned into Context Clue Detectives in my classroom. We had done some things with context clues when we were reviewing for the STAAR test, but I wanted to revisit them today.
I was so excited about the lesson turned out and I think it really clicked all the way with my 6th graders. I took an anchor chart that I pinned on Pinterest and changed it a bit to better fit the needs of my kiddos.
Unfortunately, I did not think to get a picture of it and I am usually so good about that. After we completed the anchor chart and notes in our ISN (Interactive Student Notebooks) we did a few together before I let them work with a partner. They had fun working with their partners to try and solve the mystery of figuring out what the words meant. Some of my kids were so sweet while they were working with each other.
I especially loved this last picture. I could not believe that I caught these two boys sitting in the same recliner together. They are always trying to be macho 6th graders, but deep down they are really so sweet!
I also do not think I mentioned the results of my certification test that I took last Thursday. Well, I am glad to report that I passed. I am officially certified to teach everything PK-8th grade! This is a huge relief because it really makes me marketable when I decide to leave my current campus.
Only 9.5 more days with my 6th graders!



Congrats on passing! {not that any of us ever doubted that you would}
ReplyDeleteANY kid reading warms my heart :) I can't believe you're doing "real" teaching the last few days of school :) you rock!
Would love to see an example of your Interactive Reading Notebooks. Pics or can you make a copy of one? I will pay!
ReplyDelete