Even though I teach middle school, I still use picture books all of the time. I need to take a picture tomorrow of my picture book to collection to show you all. I use them all the time as mentor texts to teach my 6th graders new skills. We are actually getting ready to use The Polar Express for a big unit.
I thought I would link up with Mrs. Parker to share some of my favorite book picks for the month of December.
What are your favorite books to teach with in the month of December?



Thanks for linking up. I am so glad that you use picture books with older children. I think we forget that picture books can have powerful messages aimed for older readers just as chapter books do. Here is a recommendation for you http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Gift-regalo-Navidad-Spanish/dp/0395928699. It is one of my favorite holiday books.
ReplyDeleteI love picture books - and so do my sixth graders!! One of my favorite picture books is Patricia Polacco's "The Trees of the Dancing Goats." A treat to read every time!!
ReplyDeleteCute new look!! And I like that fancy widget thing! Woohoo
ReplyDeleteHi Katie!
ReplyDeleteI gave you a Shout Out on my blog!
Come take a look!
http://joyin6th.blogspot.com/2011/11/sunshine-radiating-from-california.html
Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade