I saw this blog link up over at What the Teacher Wants and thought that I would play along too! Then I noticed that Meg over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade was having one too!

It is easy to play along. All you have to do is...
1. Tell the bloggy world what you are thankful for.
2. Go and link up at What the Teacher Wants or Oh' Boy 4th Grade.
I am going to go ahead and use the questions to help me share what I am thankful for this holiday season.
1. What are you thankful for in your classroom?
I love my interactive board, when it chooses to work. However, I am most thankful for the classroom library that I have built for my students.
I have built up a library that contains over 500 books and there is nothing more that I love than my students asking if they can borrow a book from it to read. One of my girls actually asked me the other day if I would let her check books out from it next year when she is a 7th grader. I told her that I would love for her to do that!
2. What person are you most thankful for?
My sweet little God daughter, Kate. I just love spending time with her and I am so blessed to have the opportunity to help her down the road with Christ.
3. What 3 blogs are you most thankful for?
I am so thankful for all of the amazing teacher blogs as a whole. You all have given me so much inspiration for my own classroom and have also encouraged me during this first year. There are 3 blogs though that I absolutely love and have gotten many ideas from.
I have gotten so many wonderful ideas from Lindsay. I am so grateful that she shares her lessons with us!
Mrs. Z shares some wonderful ideas that she uses within her 6-8th grade reading classes. There are not many MS blogs out there, and this one is great!
Shannon shares what she does in her classroom each day with her 6th graders! Even though I do not use Reading Street at my school, I love all of her ideas. I actually started reading The 6th Grade Nickname Game with my kids after I heard her talk about how much her kids loved it.
4. What guilty pleasure are you most thankful for?
That is an easy one. Hands down...Pinterest. If you click on the link you will be taken to my page. I spend way too much time on there, but I have gotten so many wonderful ideas from there too! Who ever invented this is a genius!!!
5. What are you most thankful for?
There is so much that I am thankful for. I am thankful that I live in a country where I am able to worship my God freely! I love getting to spend Sunday morning in worship with others who believe the same things as me. I am thankful for my job and my amazing principal. She was actually one of my high school teachers and she was by far my favorite teacher that I ever had. I am thankful that she gave me the opportunity to work for her because I have loved every minute of it. I am thankful for my students even though they drive me crazy sometimes. They make my job so rewarding. I am thankful for my supportive parents and that they let me live at home right now. Yeah for saving money! I am thankful for my 2nd parents, Jason and Carrie, who have been there for me through the thick and thin. I am thankful for new and old friends, bunco group, a growing relationship with my sister, and a spring break trip to Ireland.
I am also thankful for all of my followers and in honor of that, I will be doing a giveaway when I reach 200 followers!
What are you thankful for? Link up with us and join the fun!






And I am thankful for YOUR blog! :) Thanks for linking it in your comment. I am now a follower. It is hard to find reading/writing teachers in the upper grades, so I am glad when I do. I especially love finding 6th grade teachers to see where my kids are headed and where I need to make sure they are by the end of the year. I have a lot of upper grade blogs in my list, feel free to check them out. I also follow lots of book reviewers.
ReplyDeleteThanks Katie!!! I'm grateful to you and your blog!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYour God daughter is precious!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
A Teacher's Treasure
LOVE THIS!!! How amazing is your library?!?!??! Ohmyword!
ReplyDeleteAnd I am also thankful for a free country! How amazing is it that we can worship the Lord freely? :)
-Rachelle
whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com
Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteThe Kennedy Korral
Aww Katie, you are so sweet! Thanks for this sweet note. I love your blog as well and think you are an amazing first year teacher.
ReplyDeletePinterest is definitely one of my guilty pleasures! lol
ReplyDelete