I know that I have mentioned before that I have been wanting to do Book Clubs with my 6th graders. Well that reality has gotten one step closer. I already had all of the books ordered and labeled, but I was not sure how I wanted to have the studnets choose their books. I turned to the web. I created a Weebly site that has summaries for each book as well as some blog pages. You can see the website I created for it here.
Students will read the summaries first and then choose their 3 favorite books that they would like to read for their Book Club. Then they will go to the blog for their class and they will write a comment about their top 3 choices. I am excited about integrating the technology into this aspect of the book clubs. I also created a page for each book that includes a blog. I am thinking that each week on Friday's I will reserve the lab and allow my students to go and comment on that week's post. They are also going to have to meet at least twice a week with their group.
Have you ever done something similar in your classroom? My plan is that once I get all of my documents together when I get my own laptop back, I will make a mini-unit and put it in my store. I am so excited to try something new with my kiddos.



0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!