I just had to share that today the Daily 5 was a hit with my 6th graders! They told me that they absolutely loved it and were begging me to do it everyday. I am so glad that they enjoyed it and I am even happier because I truly felt that the instruction I was able to give my students was so much better because it was more personalized. I will be posting more about what we did today this weekend when I have a little more time.
I am also super excited because today I made plans for spring break this coming year. I am going to Ireland with several other teachers from my school. Even better, it falls during St. Patrick's Day. I am pretty sure it is going to be a trip of a lifetime!




I'm glad Daily 5 went so well in your classroom!! I'm really interested to read your future posts about what you did in class!
ReplyDeleteLove your blog! And I love The Giver. One of my students read Drums, Girls and Dangerous Pie last year and that also looked like a neat book for this age group!
ReplyDelete***whoops, meant to comment on your post from Sept. 22, Oh well! Love your blog all the same!
ReplyDelete