9.19.2011

4 Corners

I think that is what I am going to call my version of the Daily 5. My room is a square and I plan on using 3 of the stations plus a teacher led small group as well. I told my kids about the changes that are going to take place and they all seem to be really excited about it. I was worried that they were not going to be receptive to the idea, but I really tried to sell them on it. 

The 4 stations that I am going to have are Read to Self (independent reading), Read to Someone (group or partner read our weekly selection or novel study), Work on Writing, and Meet with Teacher. I have just about 2 hours with my classes every day so I am planning on having them run about 25 minutes each.

Do you assign your students to groups or do you allow them choose the order that they participate in the Daily 5? I am thinking that I am going to assign groups so that I can group students in ability based groups. 

I just added a small group running record to my Teacher's Notebook store to help me document my groups.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to implement this into my classroom! However, I only have 45 min with my 6th graders. Any suggestions??! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!