I bought them both this evening on Amazon. I know that they are both geared more towards the elementary classroom, but I am really wanting to integrate it into my 6th grade classroom.
I am a firm believer in having reading and writing workshop in my classroom no matter what level I am teaching. I know that I of course am going to have to modify how I use it in my classroom, but I think it is going to be good.
Do you use the Daily 5 or CAFE in your classroom? What is your favorite thing about it?




I bought them both and read them late last year. I introduced them to the primary teachers at my school and they are fully implementing (and loving) the routines this year. I'm a bit jealous. I'd love to do it, but my class just isn't where I want them right now. It's going to take a lot of consistency and routines before I can trust them to work on their own. Maybe next year ...
ReplyDeleteJen
Runde's Room