8.23.2011

Teacher Talk Tueday- Teacher Week Day 2

I am once again linking up with Blog Hoppin' for day 2 of Teacher Week!
Today we are supposed to share advice for new teachers. Being a first year teacher myself I do not have much to share, but there are a few things that I learned while student teaching and finishing the year in 6th grade this past spring. 

{one} Get and stay organized! 
When I first walked into my current classroom back in March of this year, I could not believe the mess that was left by the former teacher. I started right away trying to get rid of all the junk that was left and organizing the important things. No two teachers will be able to have the same organization for their classroom, but I think that we can learn a lot from others organization. For me, binders really work great. I have one for just about everything and then I know exactly where to find that information. I am also really trying to instill good organization habits with my students too to help them be successful throughout the rest of their school years. 

{two} Don't be afraid to ask questions!
When I first started last March, I was so nervous to ask the other teachers for help. However, I quickly discovered that they were willing to help me and that I had no reason to be afraid of them. The other teachers really do want you to do well no matter what their body language might tell you. 

I am so excited to read all of the tips that you all will be blogging! I have a feeling that I will be able to use several of them in my own classroom!


3 comments:

  1. I agree, good organization is key...and it gets harder to maintain as the year goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahhhh! You reminded me of one thing I meant to put on my list...ask questions!! I think it's SO important and so many people are afraid to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right about the organization! And it's so much easier to start out that way instead of trying to make it happen halfway though!

    Amy @ First Things First

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!