8.16.2011

It Is Almost Here!!!

I cannot believe that the 1st day of school is almost here! It seemed like this day was so far away when I accepted the position, but on my Monday it will all begin! 

Since last Friday, I have had in-service every day. On Monday, which was our first day of all staff in-service, our principal had us meet in the cafeteria and then we got on a bus. I was a little confused at first, but I later discovered that the principal always takes the staff somewhere else for the PD. She took us to the local golf course and we spent the entire day there in the meeting room instead of the cafeteria. It was so much fun and the simple change of scenery made the day that much better. 

Besides the rotations that we went through this morning, and district wide convocation tomorrow morning, the rest of the week is ours. I honestly do not know many schools where they give you that much time to work in your classroom. I am so excited to get lesson plans knocked out hopefully for the first 6 weeks during this week. We will see though. I have a feeling we might get a department meeting or grade level meeting thrown in there somewhere later this week 

Have I mentioned lately just how much I love my campus??? If I haven't...I love it! I cannot imagine working for a better principal and with such great colleagues. I have a feeling that this school year is going to be simply amazing!

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you love your school! That makes a world of difference!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!