8.23.2013

5 for Friday


I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her awesome 5 for Friday linky party! 

One. I could not believe it when I found myself getting emotional on the way home to get ready for Meet the Teacher last night. Don't worry...they were way happy tears! I've wanted to teach 1st grade for so long and I am just so thrilled that this dream is really coming true. It hadn't really hit me until yesterday afternoon. Thank goodness I held it together at Meet the Teacher Night!

Two. I am in love with my classroom design this year!!! I just get so happy every time I walk into my classroom! I am charging my good camera and will share more photos with you all on Sunday! 




Three. I got to meet 20 of my 21 firsties last night and they are just precious! I may be biased, but I am pretty sure I have the best class ever! :) I cannot wait to see how they grow during the year!

Four. This year I am using Brag Tags in my classroom for my reward system. I already had their necklaces set up last night with three tags each and they were in love with them! I cannot wait for us to add to them as the year goes on. What sort of things do you do to reward your students?

Five. I am so ready for Pete the Cat, No David!, and First Day Jitters with Jitter Juice on Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Your classroom looks amazing! You are going to LOVE 1st grade! Have a great weekend!
    Laura ~ First Grade Spies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classroom looks great! I am so jealous that you have only 21 kids! Have a great year!
    GlueSticks&Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your classroom! You've decorated it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son began 1st grade this year and did those same 3 things during the first week! The Jitter Juice was his absolute favorite. Good luck...1st grade is an amazing adventure! You think you cried at the beginning; just wait until the last day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your classroom looks amazing!!

    The other day I had a dream that I moved and as I was interviewing at new schools, I had the choice of teaching 1st grade or 3rd grade! I thought of you as I remembered it later, knowing that you moved from 6th to 1st. I teach 5th now and have taught 4th for 5 years, but I've always wondered if one day I'd like to teach younger elementary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!