1.01.2013

Currently...

The good news is that I am already holding up one of my goals for 2013 because I am blogging on the first day of the year. :) Now lets just hope that I can keep this up! 

I just love linking up with Farley (have I mentioned that I have met her twice in person now) for her monthly Currently party.


Listening: Hardly ever do I sit in my room without the TV on because I can not deal with the silence. Tonight's choice is one of my all-time favorite movies Mean Girls.

Loving: I absolutely love my job, but the fact that we get two weeks off for Christmas is pretty darn great too! I also loved that Christmas happened so quickly once we got out from school because I have really been able to relax after the holidays!

Thinking: I have a whole bucket of papers that need to be graded. I do not know what I was thinking! Luckily grades are not due until Tuesday the week we go back. I am usually known for getting them submitted about 10 minutes before our noon deadline. I also need to get some lesson planning done for the first unit when we go back. Luckily I have found some wonderful units on Teachers Pay Teacher to help me out! :)

Wanting: I remember that it was like the first day of school all over again when we went back for the spring semester last year. I am really wanting my students to remember all of our rules and procedures, but I know that we will have to do some reviewing. I already know that I am getting three new students from other teachers, so I am going to be up to 106 students for this semester. I already have a class promise activity planned and we will be doing some WBT review too!

Needing: Some serious organization is what I need! The spring is going to be crazy for me because I am teaching, taking my Principal Certification test, organizing and completing cheerleader tryouts, participating on an ACTS team, doing some staff development for the camp I am working at this summer, and graduating in May with my Masters degree. My new best friend is my Erin Condren Life Planner!

One Little Word: If you just read my needing section, it might be a little more obvious why I need balance. I need to find the right balance between school, faith, outside work, and me time. I have struggled with this and I really want to improve it!

11 comments:

  1. Balance... that is a great word! I could us some balance myself!
    Good luck going back and hoping that the little ones remember all those rules!!!

    Jessica
    Lifeonspencerst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to not wanting to grade papers or lesson plan! My anniversary is tomorrow and it's just one more excuse not to go in to work. BLAH! Wish we had three months off instead of weeks! lol. Thanks for reminding me I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Balance?! I feel your pain! I've enjoyed this break, because I feel like a "real" mom. I feel so guilty during the school year. With 10-12 hour work days it's hard to be the mom I think my own boys deserve. Ugh! It definitely sounds like you have a full plate! Good luck finding balance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been stalking your blog for the past two hours. I'm teaching Year 6 this year and, heads up, will be dedicating much time researching your Daily 5 ideas (can I count that as PD?).

    Can I ask, do you randomly quote Mean Girls too? I love that movie.

    I'm a new follower xx
    Daydreams with Miss D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same OLW :) I know it may be hard to find some balance, but something that is soooo needed:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you on finding balance! It is so tough!! I also have to agree with students remembering the rules and procedures. Going back tomorrow might be a little rough and January is like the start of crunch, panic time!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so jealous that you don't go back until the 7th...we started back today and I did literally NOTHING for school over break because it was so short. Then again...it was much needed so I kinda don't care. I, too, am working on balance and carving out time for myself!! ;) Hmmm...maybe I'll go watch Mean Girls too! {love it}

    I'm also hosting a linky party and I'd love for you to check it out. It's a little different than the standard link up...but totally worth it. ;)
    Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mean Girls! Love that movie! I hope you meet your Prince Charming this year. :)

    Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankfully I posted grades before we got out! We went back today and kids come tomorrow. Paper planning is done but I need to read up on the French and Indian war and Transcontinental Railroad. :) Nothing like teaching a brand new subject!!

    You are a busy, busy girl. I've been there. Well, come to think of it I'm still sort of there. :) Good luck with your principal stuff and masters!!!!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, LOVE, my Erin Condren planner, it's the best. But, like you, I have to start planning more as well- Ill just make a plan to plan more, that should work right? :)
    Good luck heading back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys have me curious about the planner! I love organization. Isn't it funny that most of us want balance? I guess I am happy I'm not alone in juggling too many things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!